PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
TAK Highland Balls, to be precise. What strongly resembles a mummified gonad is in fact a delightful mixture of bright Virginias & orientals, presented as a ball! Never seen anything like it before, makes me wonder what other strange cuts of tobacco are out there?
Cheers to @Birddog66 for giving me a sample of it to try.?
image.jpeg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I feel like some relevant information is left out of the OP. Is this something people can buy? From whom? Is the ball in the picture?
Could of been a dried up bollock from one of the old Pharos for all I know, best not to think about it too much, just kick back & enjoy the smoke.
If you were being serious however, you can buy your balls from TAK in Germany. (Best to buy three, just in case you drop one.)

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Interesting. Do they give a reason why they are pressed into balls? Seems kind of gimmicky but if it tastes good than, of course, that’s all that matters. Do you see any benefit to the ball vs the flake, plug, coin cut?

I mean, I know men love to talk about balls and all. My favorite is Chef’s chocolate salty balls… “put em in your mouth and suck em!”

leonidas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2013
...I went to the website, but I couldn't locate any TAKI Highland balls to purchase...

Jun 23, 2019
Interesting. Do they give a reason why they are pressed into balls? Seems kind of gimmicky but if it tastes good than, of course, that’s all that matters. Do you see any benefit to the ball vs the flake, plug, coin cut?

I mean, I know men love to talk about balls and all. My favorite is Chef’s chocolate salty balls… “put em in your mouth and suck em!”

Reading around a bit, looks like it was originally tested as a technique to prolong moisture in the tobacco like plugs, but probably not as effective?