PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Called around a bunch of obscure shops looking for this and some of the more hard to find esotericas... No luck on the esotericas... But I did find this Balkan Sobranie which is evidently really hard to find. Would people buy this above retail price? And might I use this to trade for some rare esoterica blends like "and so to bed", or penzance? Im wondering if I stumbled on to a gold mine or what?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And might I use this to trade for some rare esoterica blends like "and so to bed", or penzance?
Folks may not go that far. I did however trade a bag of Penzance today for two 2005 tins of Three Year Matured Virginia.?

IMG_9712-768x513.jpg

Reactions: elasmo

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
I have to procure better connections. Luckily some of the folks here have been very kind in pointing me to certain blends. And those businesses are a start. My local shops aren't much to wrote home about. They are mostly cigar rooms with a bit of pipe paraphernalia... Oh well I got the second tin hoping to trade, but I suppose it cant hurt to have 2. I'll just age one and enjoy one lol. Thanks for bringing my down to earth, I fear I was a touch too excited about finding this.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
They can be found fairly often at retail if you know where to look. Usually they run $18 a tin or so online. They usually drop whenever esoterica does (both germain tobaccos).
It basically is just another eso blend, in most every aspect, so basically you are asking if you could trade eso for eso, so.....maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick_Green

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I had a feeling thats why you were after murrays VA. Pipe stud wrote a piece on Bruce’s affinity for the blend. A nice homage.
Over the many years I've known him, he frequently spoke of it and pipestud's affinity for Erinmore. Figured why not, it's a Virginia/Oriental, my favorite, and the color of the tin matches the lapis lazuli mortise. Seemed a perfect fit and a nice memorial to my buddy.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Over the many years I've known him, he frequently spoke of it and pipestud's affinity for Erinmore. Figured why not, it's a Virginia/Oriental, my favorite, and the color of the tin matches the lapis lazuli mortise. Seemed a perfect fit and a nice memorial to my buddy.

View attachment 5556
That is very cool and yes those colors are a perfect match!
Very nice meaningful smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.