Baked Penne

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

No ziti...this time it’s penne and with a different sauce (beef and hot Italian sausage) and added provolone and sour cream for extra artery clogging. A new recipe adventure for me altogether. My son looked at me and said, "I think this is better than your Ziti dad" :) He ate 4 portions!!!!! I sense an heirloom recipe in the making! E337EA5B-DF3B-4EB4-A22D-623660E542B1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and scloyd

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Four portions. Nothing better than a great dish than an appreciative diner. I remember when I could eat like that and never gain a pound. It was a little worrisome, but I took full advantage of it. I thought my brain might be on the verge of some dramatic intellectual feat that was burning up all those calories. Not so much, but I sure enjoyed the feasts. It looks delicious.

Reactions: JOHN72 and OSOBUCO
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I enjoy baked pastas regularly too (al forno).

They hit the comfort food spot with a rich sauce and creamy cheese that gets baked until brown and bubbly. A great week night dish to have leftovers for lunch the next day and can either be simple or elegant.

Al forno dishes are tastier than most casseroles (although I am a sucker for a good time noodle casserole on occassion). Lately, we've been adding ricotta cheese for more of a "dump" lasagna dish.

Reactions: OSOBUCO