PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
You know those reports of cats in nursing homes being attracted to patients soon to pass on? Well im beginning to think that I have the same knack with tobacco blends.

The most recent of my favorites that seems hard to get or to have gone altogether is Rattrays Bagpipers Dream.

To those not familiar, it was a cognac topped broken va flake that actually tasted somewhat like it smelled. Pretty good nicotene dose and excellent smoking experience imo.

So, having given up on looking for it, anyone know of a tobacco that might have similarities?

Thanks.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
You can try Connoisseur's Choice by Bennington Tobacconist. It's not quite as sweet as Bagpiper's Dream (which I find a bit overpowering) but it's top quality and definitely delicious. It's a bit pricey though at $14 for 2 oz and $48 for 1/2 lb

I might add that both the tin aroma and room note are fantastic

Connoisseurs Choice - https://www.benningtons.com/collections/super-premium-blends/products/connoisseurs-choice?variant=892967471

Bennington Tobacconist - Connoisseurs Choice (Premium Custom Blend) - Tobacco Reviews - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9519/bennington-tobacconist-connoisseurs-choice

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Shux. That's one I always wanted to try. It was going to be my next purchase from Rattrays, together with Highland Targe (which I enjoy; just wanted to see if it has changed since last time I had it).

chicagopiper74

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2019
Illinois
If you're patient and well heeled, Estervals carries it. $18/ 100g, plus pretty steep shipping. And a 4-6 week wait, But at least you didn't kill it off!

Best,
G

Status
Not open for further replies.