PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
I have been gone a bit for a sudden decline in my mental health. I've been having hallucinations of both the audible and visual kind. My doctor and psychologist and my psychiatrist all believe that my bipolar 1 disorder has progressed into schizophrenia.

I've been stressed enough to smoke 8oz of Sutliff Cherry in two weeks. Good thing is that my birthday was on January 29th. I had plenty of margaritas and have gotten a nice set of books I already had in paperback but in hardback because I can't read that tiny print anymore. I also have a new pipe coming in from P&C that I ordered today. I decided on the Mark Twain Bent Stem from Missouri Meerschaum.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
BigBad,
There is nothing worse than that time when nothing worka, when nothing is as it seems, when things are just too BIG to process.

I will pray for you. I will send good vibes your way. You are not alone.

Hang in there, BigBad.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
As upsetting as this news is, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the best time, medically to be in your predicament. Follow your doc's advice. Hopefully you have a family member or close friend who can kind of be there with you through this. Until your ship is on an even keel, maybe don't make sudden important decisions. Take some time and weigh your options.

You can be whole. Know that this group of rascals has your back and we will be thinking of you.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I have been gone a bit for a sudden decline in my mental health. I've been having hallucinations of both the audible and visual kind. My doctor and psychologist and my psychiatrist all believe that my bipolar 1 disorder has progressed into schizophrenia.

I've been stressed enough to smoke 8oz of Sutliff Cherry in two weeks. Good thing is that my birthday was on January 29th. I had plenty of margaritas and have gotten a nice set of books I already had in paperback but in hardback because I can't read that tiny print anymore. I also have a new pipe coming in from P&C that I ordered today. I decided on the Mark Twain Bent Stem from Missouri Meerschaum.
Sounds like your clutch is slipping, keep in mind that Dr evaluations can be objective, that’s why I go Dr shopping. We are all on the slippery slope to Altsheimerville. Your choice of pipes would indicate you are the road to recovery. Relax and smoke well.