PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
This 1 if you look online has a lot of polarizing reviews....anything from if you like whiskey you will like this, to tastes like feet and mold. In my experience neither are accurate. When I first tried this it had a unique flavor I did not understand. Not a bad 1, and I slowly smoked the whole bowl trying to figure it out. Totally involved in the experience, focused on trying to figure out what flavors I was getting. Not really an undesirable quality to me. I have smoked an entire jar at this point, and the slower smoked the better. There are occasions where something bacon like is present, but not in the traditional pan fried sense, more familiar to a bacon jerky we used to get a while back. There is zero whiskey or other alcohol flavors to be had. It's mellow, not sweet in any way. The smoke is pleasant, and does not bite at all in my experience. Doesn't require much if any drying time, but should not be packed to firm. The majority of smokes have maintained a pleasant flavor I really can't identify. It may be a great option for new smokers, or those who struggle with nuance of some of the more well described offerings out there. I say this mainly in the context that if you aren't looking for something in particular you won't feel like you aren't getting it, which leaves you free to appreciate and enjoy whatever you are getting. That being said, I would smoke it again, although I am not sure I would buy it again. The biggest disappointment was the jar, where I figured if I didn't like the tobacco, the jar itself was interesting to me. Unfortunately the 1 I received the pig graphic is so subtle you almost have to catch it in the right light to see it...unlike the pics online. 0618210758_2.jpg

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
That's one of those blends that I stop and stare for a bit, when surfing online baccy. I was never brave enough to purchase.

Kudos to you for trying it out and for the review. ???
Have you tried their Peach Cobbler?
'Curious about that one as well....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So here's the SP description on Bacon Old Fashioned:

A combination of bourbon, citrus, and smoky Dark-Fired Kentucky make BriarWorks' Bacon Old Fashioned perfect for sippin'. Flavors of oranges, smoked bacon, and a slight booziness combine for an Aromatic experience unlike any you've ever witnessed.

From this I can't tell if there are tobaccos other than dark-fired Kentucky, but I'd guess not, so much of the nuance is in flavorings.

I like their Country Lawyer very much.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So here's the SP description on Bacon Old Fashioned:

A combination of bourbon, citrus, and smoky Dark-Fired Kentucky make BriarWorks' Bacon Old Fashioned perfect for sippin'. Flavors of oranges, smoked bacon, and a slight booziness combine for an Aromatic experience unlike any you've ever witnessed.

From this I can't tell if there are tobaccos other than dark-fired Kentucky, but I'd guess not, so much of the nuance is in flavorings.

I like their Country Lawyer very much.
Black cavendish and dark fired are the components. The only flavorings are bourbon and citrus while the "bacon" comes from the smoky sweetness of the dark fired.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
That's one of those blends that I stop and stare for a bit, when surfing online baccy. I was never brave enough to purchase.

Kudos to you for trying it out and for the review. ???
Have you tried their Peach Cobbler?
'Curious about that one as well....
I have not tried the peach...typically not 1 for aros...the bacon and bourbon concept caught my eye as I like both, although independently. I also like DFk. Seemed to be a decent lunch break smoke at work, something a bit different to mix things up a little.

Keitha

Might Stick Around
Jun 23, 2020
Costa Mesa, CA
From what I understand, they attempted to find the flavors of the Bacon Old Fashioned cocktail. Here are the ingredients of the drink:

2 ounces bacon-infused bourbon
1/2 ounce maple syrup
Dash Angostura orange bitters
Crisp piece bacon, for garnish
Orange wheel, for garnish