PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
Man life gets in the way, but after a too long hiatus I’ve picked up the pipe again and glad for it. I’m down to about about 1.5 dozen or so, having given away a number over the last decade; thankful that I retained what I did, as well as a few lbs of some favorite tobaccos, now cellared for nearly two decades. Wonder how they will perform…

Predominately an English snob, with a taste for the Syrian, but hoping I’ve now developed enough patience to really appreciate some Virginias.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
Welcome!
Enjoy the "new" journey............. A lot has changed in the last decade, Syrian is all but gone.
Those that you have jarred up should be fantastic

Thank you!

Yes things have changed indeed. Biggest disappointment is lack of stock from the English manufacturers (Germain, Gawith, etc.). Is that a relatively new thing? Got one tin of Margate left and I’m afraid to crack it.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm in Ohio........... I don't think you can even buy pipe tobacco anymore online and get it shipped to WA............ I think they changed the laws a few years back. There's a few members here who have moved from WA for that very reason.
The Germains, Gawith, Esoterica stuff is out there, just gotta visit the Brick and mortar stores. The online vendors are hardly ever in stock.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
Welcome, and can I just say that '1.5 dozen' is the most complicated version of 18 I have ever come across! I kind of want to use it in other context's now, like "I saw a really scary movie the other day, I can't believe it was only rated M, it certainly felt like an R-1.5 dozen."
Well you see, 18 is such a precise number and the math in this case is a bit fuzzier. Does a broken/missing stem constitute a whole pipe, or a half? And what that about that Bonfiglioli SPC pipe of the year that I’m still hoping to find somewhere in the shop…?

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
Man life gets in the way, but after a too long hiatus I’ve picked up the pipe again and glad for it. I’m down to about about 1.5 dozen or so, having given away a number over the last decade; thankful that I retained what I did, as well as a few lbs of some favorite tobaccos, now cellared for nearly two decades. Wonder how they will perform…

Predominately an English snob, with a taste for the Syrian, but hoping I’ve now developed enough patience to really appreciate some Virginias.
Welcome back to the pipe! I have some tobacco that is 25+ years. It's in good shape so good luck with yours!

Reactions: beargreasediet
Status
Not open for further replies.