120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I did keto for two yrs and really know the rhythm, I’m comfortable with keto and my good numbers went up and bad down. I’ll still read upon it you never know, this isn’t a pie diet is it, because that would be cool.
No, somewhat similar to Mediterranean.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I briefly tried the Keto diet but had a hard time getting the hang of it and abandoned ship. However, I did eat a strict carnivore diet for two months. I lost 20lbs and found it to be a very enjoyable diet. I ultimately decided to reintroduce carbs because I have some fitness related goals (I want to deadlift 500lbs) and I feel carbs will be necessary to make it happen.

@AJL67 I wish you all the success as you get back on the wagon!

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Nice score on the rib roasts.

I have friends that are constantly on and off the keto diet. They do lose weight while they are on it, but they seem to never be able to stick to it for an extended period. I can absolutely get behind the idea of eating lots of meat, cheese, eggs, fish, etc., and I do that anyway, but I enjoy my carbs, especially the beer variety, too much to do keto. When I really feel the need to drop pounds I simply greatly restrict my calorie intake to the point where weight loss is inevitable. I have dropped 30 pounds this way in a few months.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
It’s actually recommended for pre-diabetic and diabetic people because of the low ti almost no sugars.
No sugar is good. But too much protein stresses the kidneys. On of the problem with diabetic is kidney failure. I'm sure it might work for people who has stronger kidney functions.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I did keto, well specific carbohydrate diet for close to two years to help with my ulcerative colitis. It was tough to stick to because I love carbs but it helped a lot. I lost a lot of weight on it and sometimes it freaked me out because I was consuming so much food but still losing weight. Now I just adhere to it on the weekdays and eat carbs on the weekends. I missed pizza so much haha

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
First off, that's a great price for roast for rib roast. I'd be sorely tempted to have made a prime rib roast with those.

I tried the no carb diet in the past (Atkins it was called back then), and it was not for me. I was miserable, actually gained weight, and the constipation was horrible.

But growing up a farm boy, I really like veggies. Learn to like raw broccoli, blueberries, carrots, and simliar fare, then your body will thank you.