PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharaohfitz

Lurker
May 13, 2010
Erehwon
Greetings all,
I have been traveling and missed about a decade of all things pipes, after being a pipe smoker for over 40 years. I've made about 2 dozen pipes over the years but no way to set up a full-time workshop traveling). I see the industry is overly regulated and companies have given up making pipe tobacco, others have sold their brands. My pipe collections (2) were either lost or stolen during my moves and all of my cellared tobacco tins are missing, as well. So, whilst I enjoy ancient tinned tobacco sagas, I am starting to buy pipes and tobacco afresh so I would really enjoy hearing about new tobacco that doesn't need to be aged for a decade to be enjoyed today.

My current smoking rotation includes older Charatans (Execs and Selected), Castellos, Caminettos (used to have a gold cap and chained Bagdad or Baghdad), Tonni Nielsen ( I was lucky enough to be invited to his home and shop), Kurt Balleby, Peter Heding, Tom Eltang and older Larsens (used to have a Sven Knudsen freehand). Tobaccos include, "Peterson" Flake, Comoys Cask #7 and #4, Escudo, Davidoff flake Medallions, C&D Deams of Kadath.

Cheers!

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I would really enjoy hearing about new tobacco
Hello and welcome from Seattle, Washington.
You’ve come home at a good time.
While there have been many dramatic changes, ie McClelland closing, there is an abundance of good tobacco available at this moment in time, more than any one person can sample. Lately I have been exploring the HU blends available at Estervals.
Welcome home.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Definitely check out HU tobaccos, available (for now) from Estervals in Germany. I'm partial to Director's Cut, Makhuwa, 5th Anniversary Blend, Old Fredders, Indaba, Zulu, and Moroccan Bazaar. Also check out Watch City blends, Deluxe Crumb Cut, Watch City Slices, Simply Red, Rhythm and Blues, and others. Among the OTCs check out Chatham Manor and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. C&D, I like Yorktown and Bijou.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's quite a life saga, including pipes and tobacco. I'll be interested to hear more about it salted into your posts. Welcome from central North Carolina. There was a stretch of about ten years when I moved about a dozen times, depending on how I count, covering a lot of geographical territory, so I know the voyaging life.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
That's quite a life saga, including pipes and tobacco. I'll be interested to hear more about it salted into your posts. Welcome from central North Carolina. There was a stretch of about ten years when I moved about a dozen times, depending on how I count, covering a lot of geographical territory, so I know the voyaging life.

That’s pretty cool! I’ve only left Tennessee on business or vacation/holiday. I’m a home-body.

Reactions: pharaohfitz

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Definitely check out HU tobaccos, available (for now) from Estervals in Germany. I'm partial to Director's Cut, Makhuwa, 5th Anniversary Blend, Old Fredders, Indaba, Zulu, and Moroccan Bazaar. Also check out Watch City blends, Deluxe Crumb Cut, Watch City Slices, Simply Red, Rhythm and Blues, and others. Among the OTCs check out Chatham Manor and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. C&D, I like Yorktown and Bijou.
+1...Also, I recommend Davidoff Royalty, Davidoff Flake Medallions & Reiner Gold. All are readily available. Welcome back.

Reactions: pharaohfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.