PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfox6

Lurker
Feb 7, 2021
Northeast USA
Hello there.

Glad I was able to come across this site and board as I've been away from the fine pipe smoking and fine tobacco procuring realm for quite some time! I used to be involved on alt.smokers.pipes newsgroup... participated in "pay it forward," loved the environment, amazing amount of knowledge and beautiful pipe we all shared together.

I used to post under a different name, but for now I'll keep it private, since alot has changed since then in terms of privacy, when you could post with your REAL name and didn't make all too much of a problem, or at least I thought.

A little catch up since that time: I had since gotten married twice (yes I know), but had three beautiful children as a result. Went on to run a successful business and in the light of COVID has allowed my mind to stray into this realm once again.

I had also quit smoking at the behest of my beloved some time ago and in the interest of the children, as well as a twisted pressure from my ex. passed on my beautiful collection to a lucky soul beyond his comprehension! This, I now regret. As I look back on the fond memories I've had with pipe and weed (fine tobacco) regret this endeavor and the time away from such enjoyment.

I have yet to reclaim my stock, yet some things never to be recovered, such as that sweet collection of McClelland I was amassing or those pipes, some firsts and some seconds, some irreplaceable. I now have a home overlooking the water and imagine what it would be like to sit under a tree and watch the sun dancing across the sight peaks of the water as it struggles to be released form gravity, whilst pipe in hand and the aroma of sweet Virginias and Perique. Or how about taking in the fall leaves, a blanket of color over the hills, thinking back to when your father introduced you to pipe smoking at the right age, passing down pipes form his father, so lovingly cared for and broken in... with the cool air of the Adirondacks coming down the slopes and valleys... the care and understanding he took to teach me and the first pull and puff of my very own pipe in the cool evening breeze and a pipe full of Blue Note.

Its all quite surreal to think about. Rich and fond memories of such a simple yet elegant thing of days past. A remnant of a simpler, yet harder time, where a pipe would have been one of an only pleasure a man could have and the choices he made mattered to the world.

I look forward to being a part of it once again, happy to share in my knowledge and enjoy the olde pastime once again.

-Happy Smoking my friends

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Indeed, pipe smoking forces a person to take time, which is good imho. May your venture back be rewarding. Some blends have passed, but some new blend have shown to be superb. Stock up before deeming regulations hit in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.