PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
By the way, F-16 is way sexier than an F-18 sir!

I have two colleagues (one current and the other former) who flew F-15s for the IAF; one of them has the distinction of being the only guy to land an F-15 on one wing.

Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think anyone who joins the U.S. military ends up taking a test to screen for potential pilot training. One of the recurring questions is if you regularly ride a motorcycle. There's a whole test section on orienting yourself to the ground from looking a little line drawings. I found it a really intriguing test to take, trying to figure out what they were driving at. Oh, tattoos were a good sign too, apparently, maybe a taste for danger. I think I took those tests twice, and then they sent me to sea. Ha! They were right; beyond making airplane models, I had no yin to fly, except as a passenger. The Navy definitely flew me many places for many hours, but most often, after eight or ten hours, I slept.

Reactions: kurtbob and Brendan

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I have two colleagues (one current and the other former) who flew F-15s for the IAF; one of them has the distinction of being the only guy to land an F-15 on one wing.

I know this story!

“The best testament was a good friend of mine who was an F-16 pilot, and he crossed and saw that there was no wing and his first words were, ‘can I transfer to F-15s?’”

The full story of the F-15 pilot who landed with one wing - https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/that-time-an-f-15-landed-without-a-wing/

Reactions: kurtbob