PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Hello everybody!
I have been away from both the forum and pipesmoking for well a year. Now I really did enjoy this hobby and decided that I want to take it up again on a small scale. I placed an order with the lovely folks at smokingpipes and recieved a much awaited parcel this weekend!

I ordered two Tobaccos, Bayou morning which I loved the last time I had it and Bayou night which is a Perique Heavy scottish blend. The pipe is a sandblasted Ropp and since I don't smoke Indoors I figured that a windcap was in order!
My new kit

img_20161104_181854-600x449.jpg

Ropp

img_20161104_18205221-600x449.jpg

In the old brass pipe stand

img_20161104_1826002-600x449.jpg

C&D Bayou Morning & Bayou Night

img_20161104_18224021-449x600.jpg

The inside has no pre-carb and it doesn't look dip stained. However it is quite dark so I'm wondering if the stain might have bled through or if the briar is darker than I remembered.
Anyway its good to be back and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my pipe and my fellow pipesmokers on here again!

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Here's a pic of the bowl insides.

Do you Think it needs some kind of treatment?

img_20161104_182216-449x600.jpg

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
I got the chills thinking about my mouth health. I wasn't a big smoker to begin with but I'll make sure to do everything right and keep it on a reasonable level. That should be fine. I'm just done sanding the bowl interior. A lot of fine brown dust later and the bowl insides are considerably lighter in color.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
And I just got back inside after my very first smoke in my new pipe. :puffpipe:
I sanded the bowl interior by hand for quite a while til I was satisfied and then loaded up with some Bayou morning. I followed the method of Eric from King smoking pipes. Just a light gravity pack and then a slow smoke all the way down to the bottom. The pipe performed wonderfully. No gurgling, didn't get too hot and a wee bit of moisture left around the draw but no bite or anything.
I am very satisfied with my first smoke in like a year! The great taste of BM came in flashes but I also got some Wood and some ashiness so im really looking forward to when this Little thing is properly broken in!

Its good to be back!

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Today I had my second smoke in my new Ropp and honestly the taste was better already with the tobacco coming through more noticeably! Working on breaking it in and building some cake
img_20161108_174033-449x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.