PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Just spent three days in the hospital where the swore I had COVID. Three brain picks later I just have a severe case of pneumonia and possibly the begins of COPD
Hang in there. Hope the pneumonia clears soon and the COPD doesn’t progress any further.
It just surprised me how upset the doctors were that I was COVID negative they made me take the test 3 times. I had been short of breathe for months but the swore I had COVID

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
Doctors are focused on Covid as if nothing else exist seems like. I had a recent illness and it was immediate they tested for Covid, reasonable..but didn't even try to help me figure out what was causing my symptoms! ( After negative Covid test)

I hope you continue to improve Sir.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
It just surprised me how upset the doctors were that I was COVID negative they made me take the test 3 times. I had been short of breathe for months but the swore I had COVID
Because the hospital gets thousands of dollars of Federal M-O-N-E-Y for each and every CV19 case they can report and "treat". With no such diagnosis documented, they have failed to make the cash register ring - THIS is why you sensed them being 'upset' at your being negative; while insisting you were a CV19 Ca$e.

It's not a very nice feeling to come to realization that "your health" is nothing more than a financial football to these white-coated charlatans to try to $core with. - Sherm Natman

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Because the hospital gets thousands of dollars of Federal M-O-N-E-Y for each and every CV19 case they can report and "treat". With no such diagnosis documented, they have failed to make the cash register ring - THIS is why you sensed them being 'upset' at your being negative; while insisting you were a CV19 Ca$e.

It's not a very nice feeling to come to realization that "your health" is nothing more than a financial football to these white-coated charlatans to try to $core with. - Sherm Natman
Don't even get me started sir... I don't wanna go down that rabbit hole on this forum (risk of getting political, lol) but I know quite a few people in healthcare and one in law enforcement working with healthcare and they all say the same things. Whenever you financially incentivize a certain outcome, don't be surprised when the system becomes abused to produce as much of that outcome as possible. Not to mention the implications of stripping practically every HIPA right away when 'diagnosed'.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Don't even get me started sir... I don't wanna go down that rabbit hole on this forum (risk of getting political, lol) but I know quite a few people in healthcare and one in law enforcement working with healthcare and they all say the same things. Whenever you financially incentivize a certain outcome, don't be surprised when the system becomes abused to produce as much of that outcome as possible. Not to mention the implications of stripping practically every HIPA right away when 'diagnosed'.
Lol u guys. Get a few old guys together and watch the conspiracy fly!

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Lol u guys. Get a few old guys together and watch the conspiracy fly!
Conspiracy?

Has the word conspiracy also been co-oped as yet another contranym by the Millennialese-speaking folks?

So, is it now to mean the opposite, or, a completely different meaning, from that of it's correct and accepted definition in our lexicon is; such as, where they use: Bad to mean Good, or, Dog to mean Man?

If so, I guess they are now intentionally misusing the word conspiracy to mean: fact.

Frankly, I care nary an iota; but, I do so wish he'd stick with his usual monosyllabic gruntings. :LOL: - Sherm Natman

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Conspiracy?

Has the word conspiracy also been co-oped as yet another contranym by the Millennialese-speaking folks?

So, is it now to mean the opposite, or, a completely different meaning, from that of it's correct and accepted definition in our lexicon is; such as, where they use: Bad to mean Good, or, Dog to mean Man?

If so, I guess they are now intentionally misusing the word conspiracy to mean: fact.

Frankly, I care nary an iota; but, I do so wish he'd stick with his usual monosyllabic gruntings. :LOL: - Sherm Natman
Keep on listening to your talk radio old feller.
Also those loud talkers on the moving picture box.

• Haha
Reactions: shermnatman
Status
Not open for further replies.