PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'd like to apologize for my long and unannounced absence from the forums, and feel I owe an explanation to folks that I'd been in regular contact with. My wife and I have for the last year and a half been trying to have a second baby. Several months ago we finally got it. A month and a half in, a sonogram revealed that the heart had stopped and we lost the baby. It's been pretty tough and we sort of withdrew from the world for a while. We're getting better and I am pleased to rejoin this wonderful pipe community. I hope everything has been well for all of you while I was away.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Sorry for your loss.. welcome back to the forum..

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for all the love guys. I'm really glad to be back here. Great community of people.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
What a tragedy and my sincere condolences to you and your wife.
Glad to hear the pain is easing and good to have you back with us.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Your apology is not needed. You had far more important issues to deal with. It is always good to have a pipe brother back. Best wishes to you and your wife!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine what you must be dealing with. Welcome back and I hope you can find some peace from participating here.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Sorry for your loss. Positive thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones. :puffpipe:

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
Sorry for your loss jonahtke (and jonahtke's wife).
The first time my wife and I got pregnant, it also ended in miscarriage, at about the 6 week mark. Then we successfully went on to have three more, the youngest being 10 months old as we speak.
Our second born, a boy, was born with a heart defect. He had corrective open heart surgery at 5.5 weeks old (in the hospital for 3 weeks blah blah blah). Yes he survived, and was fixed, but my wife and I were still a mess for months after.
Side note: He's fine now, will probably need a pulmonary valve replacement at some point in the next ten years, but the longer we can wait the more likely it can be done laparoscopically instead of another open heart. In the meantime you'd never know since he runs everywhere at approximately 100 mph. Crossing my fingers since I don't want my little guy to go through that again.
And though I don't know you jonahtke, if you'd like to chat about it let me know, as I understand, both about the confusion and sadness following a miscarriage, along with the "withdrawing from life" thing.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
We suffered a similar loss (twice actually). As you are already learning, 1. it is more devastating than seems possible, 2. it does, miraculously, get better in time, 3. it never, ever gets all the way better.
Here's hoping you are being strength for one another, seeking solace in faith if you have faith, and that your family will soon and safely grow as you wish it to. (We have two wonderful sons -- 9 and 19.)
My only advice: If there are people who are offering to help you, let them. It does them a great honor and, sometimes, actually does you some good as well.

tre123

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2012
So sorry to hear this. We went through something similar with my oldest daughter and grand son. It was tough . God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.