PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

owias12

Lurker
Feb 24, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Hello all. I'm a returning pipe smoker after having taken a break for almost 9 years. I had to take a break due to some minor health issues, but have recently returned and have been enjoying some of the favorites I used to smoke as well as some new blends. Good to be back in the forums. I do regret getting rid of most of pipe and tobacco collection, but slowly rebuilding. I've been mostly smoking cobs, which I have always enjoyed. Looking forward to reading through the posts. Have a good day all.

Last edited by a moderator:

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Great to hear you are able to return and hearty welcome to you! What are some of your favorites that you are looking to add back soonest?

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
Welcome back and welcome from Arizona. I'll bet that first bowl was pretty great after nine years.

owias12

Lurker
Feb 24, 2020
9 years is a long time. What made you come back to it?

Welcome back btw

Been wanting to get back to it for a while now, and when I had to make a long drive back home for a family emergency, I decided to bring my pipes along with me to help keep me awake. I ended up stopping at a tobacco shop on one of my stops and picked up one of my favorites, Chelsea Morning. It was as good as I remembered it When I returned home, I put in a few orders for some of the blends I used to keep on hand, Tuskegee Airmen, Waccamaw, Cooper, and picked up some I've not tried before, Triple Play, Father Dempsey, and Pegasus.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
owias12, welcome aboard. Your experience illustrates a good point, that if you quit the tobacco pipe, it is wise to squirrel away at least a dozen pipes and several well sealed jars of premium tobacco. I quit for years (in solidarity with my wife quitting a massive cigarette habit) but I saved the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.