36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Man. do you have a recipe for this please?
Two large racks of baby back ribs membrane removed and cut in half

Make your own bbq sauce base that you like OR buy Two bottles of your favorite bbq sauce – you can buy two different brands and mix them or stick with one. No Corn syrup and preferably NO sugar. I often just buy premade sauce as it is easier but I always get those without sugar and definitely no corn syrup

¼ cup dark brown sugar (optional) more or less to taste). I have skipped this as I prefer less sweet sauce

1 lg onion diced

A couple Anaheim peppers chopped smallish – for that nice pepper flavor

Calabrian chili, if you can find them - they are nice and smokey OR Jalapeno or other hot peppers to taste for heat

½-1tsp red pepper flakes optional to taste for more heat if desired – I prefer to use more fresh peppers tho if needed

A couple cloves minced garlic – more to taste never less :)

1 cup POM pomegranate juice

Green onion for garnish

Calabrian peppers for garnish

Directions

Sauce

• Saute onion and peppers in olive oil until soft, add garlic and saute another 30 seconds or so till fragrant
  • Add one bottle sauce or sauce from what you make home made.
  • Add 1 cup POM pomegranate juice and mix well. Add brown sugar if desired and dissolve.
  • Add the other bottle of sauce and simmer covered for 45 minutes or so. Remove cover and reduce to desired thickness
Ribs
  • Brown ribs for a couple minutes a side on a hot grill (optional)
  • Coat both sides of ribs with sauce and place bone side down in shallow baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil
  • Bake ribs in a preheated oven at 225 degrees for 3-4 hours depending on size of ribs.
  • Remove foil and baste ribs with more sauce and broil on high uncovered until the sauce is gooey. Ribs will fall apart
  • Carefully Split ribs into sections of 2 each and place them in the sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes
  • Serve with sauce on top and garnish with green onion and chopped Calabrian peppers
NOTE – You can also treat the ribs with your favorite rub as well but I have just done the above and it’s awesome

• Love
Reactions: monty55

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Two large racks of baby back ribs membrane removed and cut in half

Make your own bbq sauce base that you like OR buy Two bottles of your favorite bbq sauce – you can buy two different brands and mix them or stick with one. No Corn syrup and preferably NO sugar. I often just buy premade sauce as it is easier but I always get those without sugar and definitely no corn syrup

¼ cup dark brown sugar (optional) more or less to taste). I have skipped this as I prefer less sweet sauce

1 lg onion diced

A couple Anaheim peppers chopped smallish – for that nice pepper flavor

Calabrian chili, if you can find them - they are nice and smokey OR Jalapeno or other hot peppers to taste for heat

½-1tsp red pepper flakes optional to taste for more heat if desired – I prefer to use more fresh peppers tho if needed

A couple cloves minced garlic – more to taste never less :)

1 cup POM pomegranate juice

Green onion for garnish

Calabrian peppers for garnish

Directions

Sauce

• Saute onion and peppers in olive oil until soft, add garlic and saute another 30 seconds or so till fragrant
  • Add one bottle sauce or sauce from what you make home made.
  • Add 1 cup POM pomegranate juice and mix well. Add brown sugar if desired and dissolve.
  • Add the other bottle of sauce and simmer covered for 45 minutes or so. Remove cover and reduce to desired thickness
Ribs
  • Brown ribs for a couple minutes a side on a hot grill (optional)
  • Coat both sides of ribs with sauce and place bone side down in shallow baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil
  • Bake ribs in a preheated oven at 225 degrees for 3-4 hours depending on size of ribs.
  • Remove foil and baste ribs with more sauce and broil on high uncovered until the sauce is gooey. Ribs will fall apart
  • Carefully Split ribs into sections of 2 each and place them in the sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes
  • Serve with sauce on top and garnish with green onion and chopped Calabrian peppers
NOTE – You can also treat the ribs with your favorite rub as well but I have just done the above and it’s awesome
Thanks, man. This sounds great! Can you get fresh Calabrian peppers or do you use some other form? I'll def try it this weekend!