PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Does anyone know of any brick & mortar shops in NYC (preferably in Manhattan), with a really good selection of pipe tobacco? I doubt such a place still exists. I know there are a gazillion vape shops. Just wondering!

Reactions: JOHN72
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Barclay Rex at 126 Pearl Street comes to mind. Their tin selection is pretty small and rather overpriced (compared to online, some tins are 3x the cost). They do have their own bulk blends (I've only bought one, Maiden Lane, to smoke in my Barclay Rex pipe—it's okay—I'm glad I tried it and the novelty of smoking a Barclay Rex blend in a Barclay Rex pipe is fun and special, but, truthfully, there are much tastier blends out there). They have some new and estate pipes.

Davidoff at the Brookfield Place Mall near the World Trade Center has an even smaller selection, and as I recall, only Davidoff tins.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Davidoff right around 6th ave and maybe 53rd ish street has a very good selection of both pipes and tobacco. I used to go in and admire a 2flame dunhill root briar billiard. So expensive. They have some really unique stuff there though for pipers, check it out.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Davidoff right around 6th ave and maybe 53rd ish street has a very good selection of both pipes and tobacco. I used to go in and admire a 2flame dunhill root briar billiard. So expensive. They have some really unique stuff there though for pipers, check it out.
I’ll try to soon. I wasn’t sure if it was still there!