PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
A few months ago i had a shipment stopped by customs from pipesandcigars. As i couldnt afford to pay the duty i told them to send it back, and then informed beau of it happening. i was ok with the fact that on thier website i got the idea they dont refund , but

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
What the hell happened to that? lol that'll learn me for not checking to make sure what i write is what i write.

Anyway got an email from them today offering refund. bloody awesome

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm assuming it was a baccy shipment that got hung up...

They are a great company, with good folks there.
Shame about your shipment though. :cry:

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
yeah it was a shame but nowdays i plan to purchase tins and small amounts instead of the big bad 16oz and then if it does get sprung i will bite the bullet and pay the man. It works out the same as if I get the barber to order it in and then hes not to keen cos he has to order in lots of 5 or 10 so sometimes get left with something no one wants.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Those are good cats up there. I order from them all the time. I've ordered several tins of baccy from them but I'm behind on my cigar smoking. I oughta see what they can do for me cigar-wise next time I'm on the prowl.

rocky

Lurker
Mar 17, 2011
I also had a good experience with pipesandcigars recently. I ordered a new pipe and a bunch of tobacco tins. One tin in my order was wrong, I emailed and told them. It wasn't that big of a deal, just one tin, and I got an email back right away. They told me to go ahead and keep the wrong tin and they sent me a new one priority mail. That's great damn service. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Do they send their packages in plain boxes without "PIPES AND CIGARS TOBACCO" on them? How did the customs wise up to it?

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
No they mark the package as required by law :( and i think kits also a matter of luck some get through and some dont, its a gamble it has a description and dollar value on them. and customs must have picked me that day. not much you can do.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
[/Do they send their packages in plain boxes without "PIPES AND CIGARS TOBACCO" on them? How did the customs wise up to it? ]

4Noggins label their packages "collectable tins" which is handy, and true...

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Ususally my boxes just say "customer service" or some such thing. Nothing clandestine, but nothing overtly tobacco related either.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
BTW Sean, I got my 1lb of Lame Eye Kew, no worries. Fingers crossed for the next run. And there WILL be next runsss. This 1Q has grown on me like mould on cheese - LOVE the stuff. Certainly my 'go-to' and a little later, go-to-again....

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
nice one frank i will have to get me some next time. . hopefully the freezing works come through as the ol funds are shrinking lol

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The folks at pipesandcigars.com are some of the best people in the business. We have AWESOME sponsors here.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Do they ship using USPS?? or do they use UPS or something of the likes?? Do they put their name on their boxes??

Status
Not open for further replies.