PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
It is the end of the year. When I was going up, this would be the time for pure, true, maple syrup and maple candy.

Autumn Evening helps me to remember those days in the late 50’s and early 60’s when we would take a drive up to New Hampshire or Vermont to buy fresh, pure maple syrup.

Just smelling it in the bag causes me to remember those days. That smell in the bag continues and becomes a luscious room note. After a long slow draw and allowing the tastes to mingle in my mouth, I readily detect the maple, which reminds me of the maple candy my mother would buy me while we were in the hills of New Hampshire.

The Red Virginia Cavendish tobacco helps to give it a sweet smooth taste.
Perhaps for some the aroma is too strong, but for those in their 60’s,70’s, and 80’s it will bring back fond memories.

A great smoke! I recommend it to everyone I meet who smokes a pipe.

Edwin

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife mail orders maple sugar and keeps it in a large square jar above the oven. She just used it to bake a pecan pie for me, and I have it on cereal sometimes as a midnight snack. A little maple flavor with a bowl of tobacco could be a good thing.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I love the aroma both in the jar and the room note. Unfortunately this blend causes my throat to hurt and the wife to kick me out of the house. She has some kind of allergic reaction to the smoke from AE. Maybe that's my problem also. I threw out what I had in disappointment and anger because I really wanted to smoke this blend. Great review and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
It is the end of the year. When I was going up, this would be the time for pure, true, maple syrup and maple candy.

Autumn Evening helps me to remember those days in the late 50’s and early 60’s when we would take a drive up to New Hampshire or Vermont to buy fresh, pure maple syrup.

Just smelling it in the bag causes me to remember those days. That smell in the bag continues and becomes a luscious room note. After a long slow draw and allowing the tastes to mingle in my mouth, I readily detect the maple, which reminds me of the maple candy my mother would buy me while we were in the hills of New Hampshire.

The Red Virginia Cavendish tobacco helps to give it a sweet smooth taste.
Perhaps for some the aroma is too strong, but for those in their 60’s,70’s, and 80’s it will bring back fond memories.

A great smoke! I recommend it to everyone I meet who smokes a pipe.

View attachment 13817

Edwin
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful memory. Happy you've been able to preserve some of those moments. Perhaps I'll try it now, I've wanted to. Happy holidays.

kens

Lurker
Jan 28, 2019
This was the very first tin I bought when I started smoking a pipe it's not my favorite but it's still in my rotation.

Reactions: danimalia

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Amazing room not, but not a huge fan of the smoke itself. I much prefer Second Breakfast from Country Squire. If you like Autumn Evening, don't miss out on that one! Sutliff Rum and Maple isn't bad either, although it's goopier than tub of KY.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my aromatics decidedly tobacco forward, but I do love maple syrup and sugar. My wife buys maple sugar online for beaucoup d'argent and I really love it. An ounce of this blend might be a treat some time. I'm a big fan of C&D, mostly their non-aromatic burley blends.

Reactions: danimalia

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have just finished my tin of Sillem's Blue and need to transition the lime taste out of my aro pipe before finally breaking into my waiting tin of Rattray's Exotic Passion.

I picked up an once of Autumn Evening at the B&M for the task, since it bridges both blends with the maple component. Enjoying it, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.