PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunriseboy

Have any Aussies received notices from Border Force about imported leaf?

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
They have the time, motivation and spite in ample portions........now that I stopped buying pipe tobacco I tried to get a few cigars in.

Even 2 or 3 small cigars get caught, then duty, GST and tax on supposed shipping is added. Firstly they proportion the weight of the cigar above actual weight, then they pick a number for the cost of shipping, usually 3 x the actual charged cost, (it is printed on the box by the vendor but they ignore that) and then apply GST (10%) to the inflated fictional shipping cost, and then come up with a BS number for the total amount to be paid. Had to let several packages be destroyed rather than pay some outrageous amount. Yep plenty of time and an abundance of spite. Good to know how a government will respond when we are in deep trouble with COVID and the impacts of that, they are a total disgrace.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
They have the time, motivation and spite in ample portions........now that I stopped buying pipe tobacco I tried to get a few cigars in.

Even 2 or 3 small cigars get caught, then duty, GST and tax on supposed shipping is added. Firstly they proportion the weight of the cigar above actual weight, then they pick a number for the cost of shipping, usually 3 x the actual charged cost, (it is printed on the box by the vendor but they ignore that) and then apply GST (10%) to the inflated fictional shipping cost, and then come up with a BS number for the total amount to be paid. Had to let several packages be destroyed rather than pay some outrageous amount. Yep plenty of time and an abundance of spite. Good to know how a government will respond when we are in deep trouble with COVID and the impacts of that, they are a total disgrace.

I have had it up to my eyeballs with governmental overreach in the western world.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
That sounds like the new standard for the country with highest tobacco taxes in the world. I want to vote for lower taxes on tobacco and removal of prohibition of imported leaf. That’s the only way to go from here on out

Status
Not open for further replies.