PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
aug-2019-600x512.jpg

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I just saw that aged Virginia today, if you crack it any time soon, let me know how it is! I’m quite curious. Looks fancy, and the price tag was nothing to sneeze at.

I have smoked the Aged Virginia in the morning. I have limited exposure to Virginia, since I have got into it fairly recently. In another thread someone referred to this as one dimensional / bread like / savory / umami. I would agree with most of his tasting notes. It is a glorious smoke and I found it very savory. At the beginning of the bowl I got some occasional sweetness but from the beginning to end, I found it savory / like a hearty soup. An occasional oriental like presence was there, but that may be my imagination. I cannot reason why - but every puff made me think I am smoking something premium - possibly because there were no harsh parts. It reminded me of some of the highest quality virginia based cigarettes as well.
I would recommend this.

pinchoftobacco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2018
Nice haul! Special thumbs up for the Golden Sliced, Bengal Slices, and Escudo! enjoy

szconrad

Lurker
Oct 24, 2018
The presentation of that Aged Virginia sure is nice! Definitely let that Bijou age for a bit. For me, it was a bit harsh right out of the tin. Currently letting it mellow out in the cellar!

Status
Not open for further replies.