PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
This is personal guys, so bear with me here.
This has nothing to do with the pipe gentlemen, but I am looking for your guidance and advice. I am scheduled for a vasectomy on Monday. I was good and comfortable with the idea up until now. It's not the "no more kids" thing that is bothering me. I have 2, and am not planning on anymore. It's the idea of being sterile that is starting to bother me. It doesn't seem "natural" if that makes any sense. I'm afraid I'll feel like less of a man. Maybe I'm being irrational and just getting cold feet, I don't know. The whole thing feels wrong now, and im not sure if I'm just being rediculous at this point. What are some of your opinions on the matter?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
The rest of your life you will not have to worry about getting the wife pregnant. Any time, anywhere.
Nothing will really change except you can lay on the couch for a couple of days.
Two more words.... Frozen Peas
Get a bag of frozen peas to place THERE while you are lounging on the couch.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Being a man has nothing to do with your sperm count. Being a man is about being a good husband, father, citizen and neighbor. Live your life with honor and humility and treat others as you would like to be treated and I’d say you are doing well. Ultimately, your coming to grips with your feelings about a perceived loss of manhood or virility is going to take time though.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Being a man has nothing to do with your sperm count. Being a man is about being a good husband, father, citizen and neighbor. Live your life with honor and humility and treat others as you would like to be treated and I’d say you are doing well. Ultimately, your coming to grips with your feelings about a perceived loss of manhood or virility is going to take time though.
I agree with you completely. Thanks

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Tough to say without facing the situation myself. But the way I see it it’s not “natural” to get a stint if your heart is blocked either. But you bet your ass I’d do it. If it prolongs or improves my quality of life I’d say it’s worth it. If the associated stress cancels out that benefit, then it’s not. I suppose that is for each man to decide for himself.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Tough to say without facing the situation myself. But the way I see it it’s not “natural” to get a stint if your heart is blocked either. But you bet your ass I’d do it. If it prolongs or improves my quality of life I’d say it’s worth it. If the associated stress cancels out that benefit, then it’s not. I suppose that is for each man to decide for himself.
Throwing out the condoms would definately improve my quality of life ?

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
It’s natural to go back & forth in your head about the procedure. Procreation is a very primal need for animal males. It’s historically been what we are good for. Try not to stress & as long as you no longer intend on having children...rest assured you are making the right decision for you and your wife. Oh, and the guys are right...jock and 2 bags of frozen peas for the rotation. You’ll be sore for a few days...nothing more.??☕

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
It’s natural to go back & forth in your head about the procedure. Procreation is a very primal need for animal males. It’s historically been what we are good for. Try not to stress & as long as you no longer intend on having children...rest assured you are making the right decision for you and your wife. Oh, and the guys are right...jock and 2 bags of frozen peas for the rotation. You’ll be sore for a few days...nothing more.??☕
Thanks for your insight, honestly. It put me a little more at ease.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I decided against. Its not 100% either, see below. The last thing I wanted was a false sense of security. So we still were going to have to take some level of care. I decided to just be vigilant with other methods and not have any surgery.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This is personal guys, so bear with me here.
This has nothing to do with the pipe gentlemen, but I am looking for your guidance and advice. I am scheduled for a vasectomy on Monday. I was good and comfortable with the idea up until now. It's not the "no more kids" thing that is bothering me. I have 2, and am not planning on anymore. It's the idea of being sterile that is starting to bother me. It doesn't seem "natural" if that makes any sense. I'm afraid I'll feel like less of a man. Maybe I'm being irrational and just getting cold feet, I don't know. The whole thing feels wrong now, and im not sure if I'm just being rediculous at this point. What are some of your opinions on the matter?

You're being ridiculous unless you have a reasonable chance you'll want more children. You won't feel any different 7 days after the procedure than you do 7 days before it.

Here's the biggest (or smallest) concern you should have. In most cases, there is a knock dead gorgeous nurse assisting the Doctor with the procedure. If that excites you and you happen to, let's say rise to the occasion, and she starts giggling (or even an outright horse laugh), you may find that a bit embarrassing. If you sense that starting to happen, close your eyes and imagine smoking a bowl of Erinmore while holding hands with Nancy Pelosi. Problem solved!

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
You're being ridiculous unless you have a reasonable chance you'll want more children. You won't feel any different 7 days after the procedure than you do 7 days before it.

Here's the biggest (or smallest) concern you should have. In most cases, there is a knock dead gorgeous nurse assisting the Doctor with the procedure. If that excites you and you happen to, let's say rise to the occasion, and she starts giggling (or even an outright horse laugh), you may find that a bit embarrassing. If you sense that starting to happen, close your eyes and imagine smoking a bowl of Erinmore while holding hands with Nancy Pelosi. Problem solved!
You got me Hoosier.... That was in fact, my biggest concern.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I had it done 30 years ago after our third child. My wife still works for the same medical office where I had it done. I knew the doctor and the nurses....Christmas parties and such. The only way I would go through with it was if none of the nurses would be in the room. The doctor let my wife be in the room and the doctor shaved my sack, not a nurse.

I thought it would be awkward at the next Christmas party.

edit* Hoosierpipeguy nailed it. My thoughts exactly.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
My wife’s been on me about getting it done. Not a fan of the idea, but I’ll probably do it. I just know with my luck I’ll get in there and the nurse will be someone I know or something ?
I feel your trepidation

Reactions: gervais and scloyd
Status
Not open for further replies.