PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ashton's, including their pebble grains, are some of my favorite pipes to shop, though I have yet to buy one. Not to be snarky, but they seem to be what people are seeking in a White Spot, but with a less exalted price and better quality control. And only real pipe people know the name has prestige, so you aren't buying it for that (except for insiders). The finish on those is gnarly in the best sense.
that sums up my opinion of Ashton pipes perfectly. Dunhills without having to pay for the legacy tax.

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
same here. I really don't care for bulldogs or rhodesians much (in pipe form, in dog form they're fine). Yet I really like this Ashton a lot. Everytime I convince myself I don't like something with pipes, someone comes along and proves me wrong about it.

At one time I did not like bulldogs either, but more recently the shape has grown on me to the point where I've been wanting one. Rhodesians still don't appeal to me at all though...not yet anyway....

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
At one time I did not like bulldogs either, but more recently the shape has grown on me to the point where I've been wanting one. Rhodesians still don't appeal to me at all though...not yet anyway....
with any pipe there is a reason someone likes it. And sometimes it takes that special pipe to show you. Kind of like how girls that kind look a bit like girls that rocked my world look more attractive then they did before my world got rocked by their doppleganger. Sorta like that I assume.

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
You should receive an email custom bill from FedEx, for around $25. (at least that has been my experience)

Thanks for the heads-up Al. If that's all it is I can live with it.

Initially I did not recall that happening when I ordered from them before, but I may have just flushed it from my memory, because now that you mention it I seem to vaguely remember such a thing, but not sure if it was Al Pascia related or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.