PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Which of the two do you prefer? Seems like the only difference between them is the amount of perique.

Reactions: ofafeather

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
If I remember correctly one has 5% and the 2 has 10% or something like that. River vs castle blend. I quite enjoy the number 2 so I never bothered with the 1. I can guess it is extremely light on the perique like ogs

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
If I remember correctly one has 5% and the 2 has 10% or something like that. River vs castle blend. I quite enjoy the number 2 so I never bothered with the 1. I can guess it is extremely light on the perique like ogs
That's how they are described, indeed. Also like you I went straight to No2 as I like perique-heavy blends. Wasn't disappointed at all, honestly I haven't been excited by a blend in a while, but that Ascanian No2 is amazing.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Yes that is correct, but I wonder is the 5% less perique in no 1 replaced with 5% more orientals? I guess I will order both to compare.

tzanet

Lurker
Jan 26, 2021
Kefalonia Island, Greece
I found No 2 weak on perique. Not necessarily in amount used but on how it translates into flavor. I suspect the orientals, which are of good quality, have something to do with it. It's a decent blend, nonetheless.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've not had the No 1 but I love the No 2. To me, all of the components work well together but can be discerned individually when smoked cool. If smoked hot the perique is less noticeable though.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
well aged VaPers smell like my cat’s poop.
Is that good or bad? If any VaPer in your possession get too old, let me know. Wouldn't want you suffering needlessly with some old, unfresh tobacco - you're better than that.

I can send you some cigars that are old enough to drive on the farm using a booster seat. Or you like those fresh off the rolling table, too?

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Is that good or bad? If any VaPer in your possession get too old, let me know. Wouldn't want you suffering needlessly with some old, unfresh tobacco - you're better than that.

I can send you some cigars that are old enough to drive on the farm using a booster seat. Or you like those fresh off the rolling table, too?
Haha no I like aged VaPer... what’s that say about me? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.