PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I would never doubt the heroism of astronauts/cosmonauts/etc. Even when these missions become extended life plans with little piloting required, it is still a daring and dangerous pursuit. Space travelers have been, and will be, special people with a unique mission on behalf of us all. It's not a job I ever dreamed of doing.

Reactions: Briar Lee

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Pakistanis in space? Muslims on the moon??
Not totally implausible I suppose, as long as a Russian / Chinese or American pays for everything, flies them up there & flies them back. I know it's 2022 & boxes of political correctness need ticking but do me a favour.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: Brendan

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
If the moon landing had been faked, they would have done much better cinematography, not all that fading and those double images. They would have had Julie Andrews in a space suit to sing something catchy. Show biz is a compulsion.
Are you saying that Julie Andrews actually landed on the moon?

Reactions: jpberg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I thought that Julie Andrews’ involvement in the space program was well known. She coined the phrase “In space no one can hear you sing.”

When I worked at Johnson Space Center on the Shuttle program there was a guy in the office who believed we didn’t actually land on the moon during Apollo. He contended we went into earth orbit but the rest was faked. He was also lousy at his job. A poster child for someone who should’ve been let go.

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
I honestly learned that “we” were sending a rocket to the moon only yesterday, because a friend texted me from there.
The beauty of not owning a TV.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Are you saying that Julie Andrews actually landed on the moon?
Yes, it’s well documented.

As a small aside, there have been trillions spent in the last 50 years trying to fix the malaises that Commie Jay is referring to.
They’ve resulted in nothing but the rich getting richer while feeling good about the help they’ve been doling out.
That should be kept in mind while knocking the relatively measly sum we’re spending on exploration that will mean real work gains for many more than those involved.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Pakistanis in space? Muslims on the moon??
Not totally implausible I suppose, as long as a Russian / Chinese or American pays for everything, flies them up there & flies them back. I know it's 2022 & boxes of political correctness need ticking but do me a favour.🙄
For someone who can't spell "favor", you sure have some ethnocentric baggage to carry around. Perhaps you don't know the rich history that minorities here in the US played in early space exploration:

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
If Mars is the end game I find it fascinating but in a macabre way of thinking. Like human nature to rubber neck a train wreck or a high speed race. Let's put some people in a tin tube and throw them 90 million miles into the most hostile environment known to life. What could go wrong? I digress...

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
If the moon landing had been faked, they would have done much better cinematography, not all that fading and those double images. They would have had Julie Andrews in a space suit to sing something catchy. Show biz is a compulsion.
Damn it. Why didn't I think of it! "Sound of Moon". Starting Julie Andrews! Soundtrack by Pink Floyd!

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Voyagers are still going long after their planned lifetime. Mars rovers and Hubble telescope also have lasted longer than planned. It may seem like a lot of money but NASA usually gets more out of them than was planned.

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
For someone who can't spell "favor", you sure have some ethnocentric baggage to carry around. Perhaps you don't know the rich history that minorities here in the US played in early space exploration:

Minor point of notice and not all that important. Although I am not in full agreement with Simong, it appears from his profile he is based in the UK, so has used the correct spelling of 'favour'.

Status
Not open for further replies.