PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening and Pipeworks & Wilke Vermont Maple Cavendish.
Both are made with real maple syrup. They smell like it and they taste like it. Vermont Maple Cavendish tastes more like a sweet black cavendish blend (because it is), while Autumn Evening is made with Virginias and has a more natural tobacco flavor.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I spent some time in the aro's-are-crap camp. Of course, back in the beginner days I smoked a lot of aro's: mostly the Captain. In recent years I started smoking aro's again. I started (re-started) because I wanted something that I could smoke when there was company on the porch or the back deck and I'm glad I did. I've found that aro's, too, have their merits. In fact, just about this time of year, when the evenings start to get cool, I really like an aro when sitting around the fire pit with a glass of something brown. The hours that my brother-in-law and I have frittered away with bowls of 1Q and and a nice bottle of bourbon or Scotch is hard to fathom. For the sake of our livers it is probably a good thing he lives far away and we only get to do that once in a while. Like you, I also have a fondness for Autumn Evening. Sometimes Autumn Evening is a bit too much for me. So, I mix it with some CH to dial it back a notch and it is all good.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I was an anti-aro guy for a long time. Not because I had an issue with anyone that smoked them, I simply found them boring and wispy in flavor and strength. Recently though, I have a new found appreciation for them. With the variety of tobacco out there and the ability to add whatever the hell you want to whatever tobacco you want, the idea of aros isn't so disappointing anymore. It's pretty standard for me to now mix some sort of aro with a heavy duty Burley, usually C&D Cube Cut. I get all the benefits of both. Good flavor and room note from the aro, nice strength and flavor from the Burley. It's a win win.
That being said, there are some great aros out there that present the same flavor as the smell, and also have some tobacco flavor in the mix. C&D Pennington Gap is one that I enjoy and the newest C&D Christmas blend, Corn Cob Pipe. Tons of flavor, great aroma and still actually taste like tobacco at the same time.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
PS-totally should be "aero", not "aro". Oh well. Y'all knew what I meant.

I never get this. Why should it be aero? These are flight tobaccos? Aro is correct, as it is simply shortened from aromatic. I've always assumed aero was a typo or an autocorrect, but now I see people use it on purpose.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
@aldercaker From all the review/selling sites I've been to, it does not appear to be an Aeromatic. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.