Aromatics that tastes like what they are named.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
New Cigars
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellar

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
i recently tired a cherry tobacco that didnt taste anything like cherry. (it smelt like cough syrup) prob the worst tobacco i have had thus far. This kind of put me off trying flavored tobaccos for a little. i am going to put in my order for Christmas soon and i am looking to get a tin with it. i want a very good tasting tobacco, like chocolate, or caramel. (something sweet) that actually tastes like your eating it, and not just smells.
ordering off of pipesandcigars.com by the way.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Tobaccos never really taste like what they are named after. I've been smoking 30 years and never tasted vanilla, chocolate, caramel, nougat, hazelnut or any of the fruits that are supposed to be in a blend. They often smell like it but taste? Never happened yet.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
It isn't aromatic but I sure hope Mearde de Cheval doesn't taste like the name . It's on my next order list.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I think the biggest benefit of an aromatic is the room note that it produces or the aroma as it passes your wife on the back deck. An aromatic seldom tastes like the aroma it produces. However, I recently tried a blend from my local B&M called blueberry muffin and it did have a slight blueberry flavor. Only drawback was that it was very moist and left a gooey mess in the bottom of the bowl.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
The closest I've had to what you are looking for is....Connoisseur's Choice from Peterson....It really smells and tastes like bona fide fruit cake to me.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Bagpiper's Dream by Rattray's tastes exactly like it smells from the tin and also Devil's Delight by Dan Tobacco has a very nice berry flavor to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.