PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I’m extremely new to the forum so hopefully I’ve put this in the correct place and it’s not a question you’re fed up of!

I was wondering if people had recommendations of a good aromatic to start off with? When I first got a pipe I was given a cherry aromatic to try along with a few other bits and really didn’t enjoy it at all!

So since then I’ve only had English Blends and straight virginias which I really enjoy but fancy something a little different (but not cherry:LOL:)

Im UK based so something I can get domestically would be even better, save the agonising wait for an import.

Your input is much appreciated!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Not too familiar with UK availability but I would think you could get ahold of Rattray’s Bagpiper’s Dream which is a damn good one.

You should also be able to get Gawith Hoggarth New Prince in bulk, I like that one a lot. It’s got a nice topping but is applied lightly enough that it doesn’t sublimate the base tobaccos, a fine blend.

Peterson Gold Blend is also decent and one you should be able to get as well.

And then there the lakelands that gawith makes, but they’re kind of their own thing when compared to most aros.

Last edited:

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
I've tried 3 of the 4 Savinelli aros listed on Baccy Shoppe website and they were all good

Edit, oh try to get Rum and Maple too, that was pretty good

Reactions: Fiddlepiper

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I will second "tradition" on Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley base with Virginia as a condiment, flavored with three liqueurs, a pretty sophisticated blend coming in a pouch or tub, a fine smoke, and you don't have to spend six months trying to find it and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.