PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I noticed the same. But I get that from most sutliff bulk blends with the exception of 515RC-1, BSOSM, and 759. I just assumed it needed to age up a bit. The sample I left out took a very long time to dry and struck me as a bit greasy like an aro.

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
Same here. I have had some which seemed to hold moisture forever and have the muted flavor and mouth feel of an aro. But I have had some that was wonderful to smoke and had no hint of any PG. Seems to be a crapshoot.

Reactions: BROBS and rushx9

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've not noticed an "aromatic like" level in Match Victorian. I suppose the moisture level depends on luck-of-the-draw timing when ordering. In other words, if your order coincides with the shipper send from a fresh receipt of it you might get a more moist batch than if the tobacco has been on the shippers shelves for a period of time. Those plastic bags don't exactly hold moisture extremely well (for that matter I've received tins that were leaky and almost dry as well).

If you are one of the unlucky few people that have a bonafide allergy to PG you'll likely have trouble with the vast majority of blends as it it used almost ubiquitously throughout the industry and manufacturing process.

If, on the other hand, you experience irritation due to PG as most people can and do drying should resolve the problem.

I realize I just indicated allergic reaction being a real problem in one sentence and not a problem in another but the difference lies in (hyper)sensitivity and antibody vs T-cell reactions.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I’ve got 9 pounds of this stuff jarred and cellared away and none of it ever struck me as having even a little PG. It sounds like there may have been a change in the blend, which would be disappointing. I guess it would be a lot more disappointing if I didn’t have any cellared. I’m going to add a few ounces to my next order just out of curiosity.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’ve got 9 pounds of this stuff jarred and cellared away and none of it ever struck me as having even a little PG. It sounds like there may have been a change in the blend, which would be disappointing. I guess it would be a lot more disappointing if I didn’t have any cellared. I’m going to add a few ounces to my next order just out of curiosity.
I picked up 10 pounds a few years ago when P&C had it on sale for $18/pound before the name change. Glad I did.?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Same here. I have had some which seemed to hold moisture forever and have the muted flavor and mouth feel of an aro. But I have had some that was wonderful to smoke and had no hint of any PG. Seems to be a crapshoot.
I didn’t notice any PG but mine just needed age. The best VaPer I do not think it is.

I should add I bought mine before the name change as well. It was called Match Elizabethan.

Status
Not open for further replies.