PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottygod

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2013
Arizona
www.etsy.com
I was a fan of Drew Estate's Gatsby Luxury Flake. I've only got one tin left and wondered if you all had recommendations for a mild, flavorful aromatic flake tobacco. GLF was Virginia/cavendish with a fruit essence. Any input is appreciated!

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
If you like fruity try Ashton Smooth Sailing, Winding Road, or Guilty Pleasure.If you wanna try aros that are not fruity you might like like C&D Autmn Evning, 4 Noggin Butternut Barley is good, If you want something a little stronger Bob's chocolate flake is one of my go to smokes. If you like cherry Cult Blood Red Moon is realy good

Reactions: scottygod

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
I would recommend DTM Little Wren (grape-ish flavour) and Elwood flake #2 (Fig-ish flavour).
I don't smoke aros often but when i do, mostly go for DTM's aro's.

scottygod

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2013
Arizona
www.etsy.com
I would recommend DTM Little Wren (grape-ish flavour) and Elwood flake #2 (Fig-ish flavour).
I don't smoke aros often but when i do, mostly go for DTM's aro's.

Grape gives me some hesitation but Elwood Flake sounds interesting. GLF was pretty Virginia forward and had that nice baked goods flavor with a bit of fruit.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Grape gives me some hesitation but Elwood Flake sounds interesting. GLF was pretty Virginia forward and had that nice baked goods flavor with a bit of fruit.
I never had GLF as i live in the EU and I have no experience with USA aros (except 1Q, which i really dislike). Another aro which i found good in my first year of pipe smoking was Stanwell Melange and if my memory serves me correct; it was a really fruity blend that didn't get sour at the end and a consistent smoke.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
If you can get them, most all of the McClelland aromatics were delicious and made with the same quality tobaccos they are known for. I can personally recommend the Honeydew.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I'm a big fan of Orlik's Dark Strong Kentucky. I also tried GH & Co.'s Bob's Chocolate Flake recently. More of a chocolate tin note than taste, but I still enjoyed it.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
If no would recommend Amphora Red* Full ,then I will , though that one is not so mild but rather medium and every pipe man here in EU do know it,
there are many other Light Danish type of Aromatic flakes available such as Ilsteds Gold flake,on the EU market but many of them might be hard to come by in the U.S
I live in the EU, but i never tried Amphora Full ? (moved away from aro's before i could).

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I was a fan of Drew Estate's Gatsby Luxury Flake. I've only got one tin left and wondered if you all had recommendations for a mild, flavorful aromatic flake tobacco. GLF was Virginia/cavendish with a fruit essence.

Mild and flavorful aromatic flake ... Virginia/cavendish with fruit essence ... That sounds to me like you're describing Solani Tropical Mango Flake.

St. Bruno Flake is in the same ballpark too if you don't mind some floral and tonquin with your fruit flavors. It also has some Kentucky leaf if I remember correctly.

Pro Tip = Double down on the aromatic flake experience with Solani Tropical Mango Flake and Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake layered one on top of the other, folded, and stuffed.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I live in the EU, but i never tried Amphora Full ? (moved away from aro's before i could).
as far as Amphora full red goes,it starts out as mild to med. strong aromatics but farther the bowl goes it settles down the way Erinmore flake or mix do, you will detect some light floral fruitiness plus some chocolaty notes in this blend,Virginias with a decent amount of Burleys and some D Fired as condiment

Reactions: B18
Status
Not open for further replies.