SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Do you intermingle your aromatics with most your pipes or just stick to a few or whatever so not to ghost the others? I’ve been thinking of getting a tin of Bob’s Flake for a special occasion but rather not use it in my aromatic “beater” pipe on first smoke yet also don’t want to ghost one of the others... decisions, decisions ... :sher:

Reactions: BROBS and rushx9

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I smoke all sorts of stuff in all of my pipes without issue. As long as you clean them afterwards and aren't constantly smoking just one blend or type of blend you shouldn't every have to worry.

The only "ghost" I've ever experienced was from not cleaning the pipe at all.

Jan 27, 2020
Ok, good to know... I actually think my cheaper non-branded estate pipe which has rather thin walls holds flavors to a greater extent than my better quality Molina. Perhaps the quality of the pipe factors in to some extent.

Reactions: BROBS

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I am not particularly concerned about typical aromatics (non-Lakelands and Erinmores) ghosting. However, I do designate pipes by genres and some by particular blends.

Reactions: BROBS

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I have a couple pipes dedicated to sweet aros, a couple dedicated to Lakelands and a couple dedicated to aromatic Englishes, but the rest are split between Va based and lat blends. Bob's Chocolate is on the lighter side of Lakelandia so you shouldn't have to worry about it ghosting too much. I wouldn't smoke it in a straight Va pipe though.

Reactions: mikefu and BROBS

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
I do. I've posted this before, but good tobacco is getting expensive, and in some cases, rare. Why mess with ghosts? I dedicate pipes to tobacco genres, but I admit I rarely smoke aromatics.

Reactions: dcon and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I am thinking of dedicating some pipes specifically to aros because when I go to an unflavored blend I can still taste the topping. At various times of the smoke. Sweet aros I tend to taste right away, and Lakeland’s you seem to start to taste the ghost at the end.

Reactions: dcon and rushx9

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I generally try to keep a pipe for Virginia and vaper blends separate from the rest. Want to taste the subtle differences and dont want it getting clouded by areos or lighter English blends. Everything else is a free for all grab and stuff system.