PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Like our friend carburetor below, I need to explore some new horizons, this time in tobacco. I am an unapologetic fans of aros, mostly Trout Stream and Lane Q-1, but come to you asking for a SINGLE recommendation of a go-to non-aro tobacco, very mellow, not overwhelming in latikia and that other stuff for flavoring, and a nice room note that won't clear out the rats from the attic. Just one. Chances are I may have already tried it, but tastes changes with time, so those aren't out of the areana. Suggestions, gents?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

1Q and BCA mixed at a 1:1 ratio. If you haven't tried it, you should.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
come to you asking for a SINGLE recommendation of a go-to non-aro tobacco,
Sutliff 507C Virginia Slices, delicious, just look at it :mrgreen:
005-443-0046.jpg

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Sillem's Black comes to mind. An English blend with aromatic Black Cavendish.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

but come to you asking for a SINGLE recommendation of a go-to non-aro tobacco
I obviously can't read as you were asking for a non-aro recommendation. Scrap my original reply and go with Wessex Campaign Dark Flake or McClelland's Boston 1776.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
newminster 400 superior navy flake, cheap bulk price, available everywhere online (usually) beautiful looking flake, and a charming smoke!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well crap! I totally misread your post sparrowhawk. My recommendations are nice, but they are aros, or more of a crossover blend. I would recommend Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Twist for a non aro smoke. Nice flavor and has a decent room note.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
+1 on the luxury twist being a very nice smoke, ironically it is something I would recommend to a 'non-aro smoker' looking for an aromatic to try... I guess it is one of those blends that sits on the fence, either way it is a nice smoke and I have a couple of ounces due to arrive at my doorstep tomorrow, yippee!
Isaac.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Even though it's a new/reintroduced tobacco, my vote is for Peretti's #52 (Burley, Dubec, Virginia blend). I can't get enough of this. It's been my goto since I cracked the tin a couple weeks ago.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
You'd have better luck tasting the tobacco licking the underside of a north Carolina goat than smoking any of the crap above.
Germain's Plumcake

Status
Not open for further replies.