PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
Like others--especially given my experience with the USPS the past couple of years-- there's a fair amount of anxiety in the mix whenever anything expensive and irreplaceable is on the way. Almost all tobacco I buy is destined for the "cellar"--so that doesn't exactly make my heart race. And since I only buy "estate" pipes and at the best of times, I am betting on a certain amount of guesswork, it's more a matter of relief than excitement when I've managed to get things about right. The one notable exception--and the guilty party will know who he is--is when a pipe is arriving from Kansas City. That is absolutely ALWAYS genuinely exciting.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
revised answer depends. If there is a new thing to me about it that is the big factor. Like a tobacco I don't know if I'll like or not but is unlike one I have smoked before. Mixture 79 was really exciting to receive for me. Other tobaccos I order I know I'll like them and maybe even really like them, but I know generally what I am getting. With pipes if there is something super different about... Like my first Meer or when I got the system pipe. Either way I am pretty chuffed when I get my tobacco order and am always really happy opening the package and taking everything out.
The first time I ordered Semois was a big moment of excitement. I think I did a little dance around the living room with the brick the kind of dance that makes my girlfriend ask how can a grown ass man be as cute as a little kid.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Definitely a new pipe - that's something I can play with right away.
9 times out of 10, tins of tobacco are going straight in their corresponding drawer to be forgotten about