Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
You could Google the brand names or, simply wait until someone decides to to that for you. I'm not trying to be "snarky" but, seeking out information on your own can be extremely satisfying.
I understand your snarkyness lol. I have looked on ebay but internet prices and real world prices hardly ever align. There were dozens of these nimrod lighters in the lot and I was looking for a real world not hopeful ebay entrepreneur buy it now price lol. Also the aristocob bowls I've not seen on ebay other than used ones in an aristocob pipe.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
No idea about their worth, but search Nimrod Lighter in the forum search bar. There's a lot of interest and discussion about them.
Good luck.

Reactions: Sharp_tungsten

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have a couple of pipe lighters that I never use. I prefer matches. If you sell them, good luck.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Nimrod Lighters are fascinating. I have often wondered who thought calling something 'The Nimrod' was a brilliant selling point. I could see the Mad Men of yesterday sitting around a table looking at it and the conversation going something like this...
'So what are we going to call this pipe lighter?'
'How about the nut and bolt?'
'Nah. That's retarded Doug'
'You calling me a nimrod ?'
'Brilliant! We will call it the Nimrod'
And the rest is history!

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Nimrod lighters & Aristicob bowls come up on auction but can be scarce. The bowls are more rare than the nimrods but both are semi rare. I don't know anything about the others.

Prices have been down on these for a while but may be rebounding with inflation. These are just my observations and I am as full of shit as everyone else.