Are There Instances of International Orders Coming Through (Australia)?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Cuban cigars are illegal to purchase in the USA but hundreds if not thousands of boxes enter the country each day. Most of the retailers that ship them will only send 2 boxes at a time. If they are caught, which few are, US Customs sends out a warning letter. It seems that if you aren't trying to import huge amounts for the purpose of reselling, US Customs isn't interested in pursuing charges. I assume they have much bigger fish to fry. I am only speculating that Australian Customs operates in a similar manner.
Hi Hoosier...:)

Here's another Cuban story--last month we were working in the front flower beds one afternoon when the UPS guy stopped with a cat litter delivery for us and I was smoking a pipe. As he stepped down from his truck, he volunteered that he smoked Cubans. I asked if he had delivery troubles and he said, no--that pretty much he gets his cigars from Europe with no trouble. Live and learn :))))))). You guys open my eyes to good things :)) THNX

Hope your relocation is good and the northern homeplace is in good order with only "fun chores" and easy yard work :)))). Do you keep a tobacco cellar in both places? It must be fun seeing pipes in one place or the other that have been waiting for your return :)). Or do you pack several months worth when you head north or south??? Just wondered after I got to thinking about it...

Have a great one, folks!
kindly
mike

Here's another Cuban story--last month we were working in the front flower beds one afternoon when the UPS guy stopped with a cat litter delivery for us and I was smoking a pipe. As he stepped down from his truck, he volunteered that he smoked Cubans. I asked if he had delivery troubles and he said, no--that pretty much he gets his cigars from Europe with no trouble. Live and learn :))))))). You guys open my eyes to good things :)) THNX

Hope your relocation is good and the northern homeplace is in good order with only "fun chores" and easy yard work :)))). Do you keep a tobacco cellar in both places? It must be fun seeing pipes in one place or the other that have been waiting for your return :)). Or do you pack several months worth when you head north or south??? Just wondered after I got to thinking about it...

Have a great one, folks!
kindly
mike
My understanding is that it is only illegal to bring them in through Cuba to the US. The US is absolutely the only country not doing business with Cuba. So, there should be a lot of Cubans that can be bought via other countries.
And, when the US will pursue charges for this or that depends wholly on the officer and/or his boss. There may come a day when the guy working the customs office that day decides to pursue putting someone in jail.

Didn't we lift the embargo against Cuba for a little while? I know that Alabama farmers were excited about getting to trade with Cuba, but then I am pretty sure the rug got yanked from underneath them soon after.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
My understanding is that it is only illegal to bring them in through Cuba to the US. The US is absolutely the only country not doing business with Cuba. So, there should be a lot of Cubans that can be bought via other countries.
And, when the US will pursue charges for this or that depends wholly on the officer and/or his boss. There may come a day when the guy working the customs office that day decides to pursue putting someone in jail.

Didn't we lift the embargo against Cuba for a little while? I know that Alabama farmers were excited about getting to trade with Cuba, but then I am pretty sure the rug got yanked from underneath them soon after.
I did get shouted at and accused of 'trading with the enemy' by an American gentleman when I was buying Cuban coffee on one occasion in a supermarket. The odd thing was that this was in London and I swear he didn't realise we weren't in the US!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Have a great one, folks!
kindly
mike
Presently, 80% or more of my cellar is in Indiana. I have around 75 pounds or so in Florida. When I go back in the fall, I'll take another 100 pounds or so back with me. I left around 25 pipes in Florida. My favorites travel back and forth with me.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
So you have just shy of 400lbs?!? That’s heavier than the total combined weight of myself, my wife and our three kids...and cat!
Actually, around 500 pounds. It's actually getting a bit silly. I didn't buy much at all the five months I was in Florida but still ended up with quite a bit more when I left than what I had when I got there.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Presently, 80% or more of my cellar is in Indiana. I have around 75 pounds or so in Florida. When I go back in the fall, I'll take another 100 pounds or so back with me. I left around 25 pipes in Florida. My favorites travel back and forth with me.
Mark, You amaze me! Wow!! That's really cool!!!
thnx for sharing, and safe travelling-
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.