PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, when reading Amazon reviews, you definitely need to consider the full body of work.
I've left negative reviews without receiving any notificaitons

Reactions: jpmcwjr

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
A while back, m'lady bought a lamp made in China that had good reviews on Amazon. When she got the lamp, there was a sticker on it that said, "This product may cause cancer." She returned it.

Don’t look too close or you might be returning more than a lamp.

I recently purchased an extension cord, photocell/timer, and additional lights for an artificial Christmas tree... all had the warning that they contain chemicals on the Proposition 65 list because they can cause cancer and/or birth defects. I removed the tree from the box, and it had the same warning. Who’d think that you could get cancer from decorating a Christmas tree ?

Reactions: JimInks and jpmcwjr

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
You certainly have to do your homework. It’s best that you assess the totality of your research based on many sources. It is widely known that some companies pay people to write reviews; either favorable for their product(s), or negative for their competitors...

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I was reading reviews for patio furniture.. as I read through the bad reviews I realized that they were all from fat people..

Fat people leave bad reviews for lawn chairs and poor people hate banks..
yeah some reviews tell you more about the person then the product. Some people can't tell the difference between a tool and magic.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I bought a desk chair online and spent a couple minutes struggling to put it together before I realized the obvious solution. I posted a positive review and while there saw a furious tirade against the company insisting that the chair was defective as it was impossible to assemble. I recognized immediately that the reviewer just hadn't learned the trick!

Jun 9, 2018
England
I bought a desk chair online and spent a couple minutes struggling to put it together before I realized the obvious solution. I posted a positive review and while there saw a furious tirade against the company insisting that the chair was defective as it was impossible to assemble. I recognized immediately that the reviewer just hadn't learned the trick!

The people who couldn't work out the trick almost certainly weren't pipe smokers. I think I remember reading that people who smoked a pipe had an average IQ 28 points higher than your regular citizen? Or did I just make it up? Either way it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.