PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
While I don't consider myself a "hat person", I must admit, (rummaging around in my closet) that I have accumulated more than the usual amount over the years. A Stormy Kromer, a Stetson, an old steel USFS hard hat, a motley assortment of ball caps, (most with equipment rental logos) a tweed fedora, and my collection of duck-bill fishing caps. (I got started on the ducks after watching "Hatari!" John Wayne's character wears one.)

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
I've been looking for a used brown or olive derby. It seems it would be a clever compliment to my Stubbies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
For obvious reasons I like to keep my sex machine solar panel from overheating, so I wear hats.
Marine Corps ball cap:

556067_425032457510392_100000109232259_1860905_1498441945_n.jpg

Top Hats for those special occasions:

WeddingpicII.jpg

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Big collection of flat caps and fedoras. Also enjoy the ball cap and an occasional cowboy hat.
Something just looks right about a pipe smoker in a nice hat.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I have some driver's caps that I like to wear when the weather cools down. The rest of the time, it's baseball caps. I barely ever go outside without a hat. But always make sure to remove it when I'm indoors

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hats? Absolutely! In summer I wear wide brimmed straw hats, some panamas, some more western. In winter I switch to felt hats, mostly fedoras. I have a few hats that I wear all the time, so they're beat up and comfortable. But I also have a few in reserve that I wear for more formal occasions, love my Borsalinos!

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
I definitley don't like the hats. Just don't like things on my head I suppose. Living in Edmonton, I have to wear a toque for half the year to stay warm, but that is a neccesity.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
I've always liked my ball caps, but I was issued a Tilley hat on my last overseas deployment and I am always wearing it when I get the chance. Also I bought an afghan pakol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakol a while ago and it is brilliant in the cold damp Nova Scotia winters...

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
I ware a large sun hat when fly fishing, not to look cool but because it keep me from getting sun sic.

effektor

Might Stick Around
Aug 4, 2013
Baseball cap unless I'm camping or working in the yard. I'm reaching the age where I can wear other types of hats without people making assumptions about my personality, so that might change. :lol:

dannybeans

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Northern Indiana
I pretty much always wear a hat when I'm not at home, to the point that acquaintances have failed to recognize me without one. I usually split my time between baseball caps and cabbies. I also have a fedora and a couple of my grandfather's old trelbys that make the occasional appearance.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Thank you kindly Bradley. It's a custom made hat from Ritch Rand in Billings. I figure a man ought to have at least one good hat in his lifetime. And I do believe this one will last me the rest of my life.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Filson is so hard with its waxed fabric crown, I think it could double as a hard hat or a motorcycle helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.