PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I got my first check from a 3 year pension I inherited from my father and decided to overindulge myself before wasting any of it on something silly like bills...
This just arrived:
IMG_20180926_124427544.jpg

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
What year is the Willet Rye?
Only thing better than one bottle of Blue is two bottles of Blue!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Well done.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
What year is the Willet Rye?
The rye is the 4 year old version.
The JW Blue is the limited release Ghost & Rare. Found it online for $130/bottle less than local stores.
Really looking forward to trying it. One bottle to drink now and one to open when I retire or some other special occasion. From JW website:
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare is a rich, velvety smooth blend of eight treasured Scotch Whiskies including three "ghost" whiskies from the silent distilleries of Cambus, Pittyvaich and the Highland Single Malt, Brora, which lies at the heart of this special release bringing a deliciously light peatiness and sophisticated subtle sweetness.
Johnnie Walker Master Blender, Dr. Jim Beveridge, has long been fascinated by how whiskies from a small number of iconic distilleries that closed many years ago can bring the extraordinary richness for which Johnnie Walker Blue Label luxury Scotch is known.
In crafting Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare, Jim blended the three ghost whiskies with five rare expressions of malt and grains from the existing distilleries of Royal Lochnagar, Clynelish, Glenkinchie, Glenlossie and Cameronbridge.
The result is a wonderfully smooth Scotch, with the fruity sweetness of pineapple, rich notes of hazelnut and dark chocolate and a subtle smoky finish.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I am typically no fan of blended Scotch, as a rule. But I have to confess that JWBL is pretty tasty stuff.
This specialty bottling sounds like swell fun.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
If you would be so kind as to PM me to verify your address, I'll be right over. I'll even bring my own glass :)

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I must be an old guy! I was gonna say spend the money on hookers and blow... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.