PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
As a new member to the Pipe Forum I would like to send out an appreciation to all of you. I have read your comments and opinions for many years and have enjoyed them. Many of you I would love to set down and have a cup of coffee and a pipe to discuss life. I respect many of you such as Jiminks, MSO489, Cosmic and so many more. The great thing about the Forum is that an opinion or comment can be made without someone getting upset or angry. I believe in today's world the art of discussion has been lost somehow. It is so important to try to understand people and take their comments for what they are worth. I see you as friends and I am glad to be part of the group. Keep up the good work.

I respect many of you such as Jiminks, MSO489, Cosmic and so many more.
respect... Me? Ha ha. Just messin'... good to have you here. Yeh, I am a bit jocular and slightly brash in a friendly backslapping way. I can take a punch too, but sometimes for some folks this doesn't translate well into how they understand communication... or how they word things... and end up getting frustrated.

I also admit, that I can be argumentative.... did I mention that I love talking about myself? Feel free to list all of the things that you love about me, ha ha. JK. But really... list... ha ha. puffy

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am a member of a few pipe forums but PM is my home and favorite pipe site. When it comes to knowledge no one beats this place. We also have some people with really good senses of humor and they show them on a regular basis. I wouldn't have spent 9 years at a place that was boring and had members who cannot take a joke.

Jun 25, 2021
England
I believe in today's world the art of discussion has been lost somehow. It is so important to try to understand people and take their comments for what they are worth..
I think the art of discussion has been lost for a very long time.
Consider that the ancient Greek orators would stand in the marketplace, and perhaps talk everyday for a week.
Nobody would butt in.
Instead, they would remember everything that was said, and then make their comments at the end of the week.
The necessary patience, memory retention, and politeness has now largely been lost.
Except on this forum of course ?

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
It’s certainly one of the best “hobby” forums on the Interweb?
I briefly belonged to a hobby forum whose purpose was to advance the practice of Group Teeth Flossing.

It was the best, if you factor in weirdness as a requisite for "best." I like weird, but not like that. This place, on the other hand....

Ok, I made all that up, except for the last bit....