Anything That Eliminates Odor from Pipes Sitting Out?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I've got no real opinion on water rinsing or not, I clean mine with pipe cleaners and alcohol. I am curious after this back and forth, for and against, so an experiment is in order....
The pipe;
win_20190123_160656-600x337.jpg

The pipe in water;
win_20190123_161020-600x337.jpg

I'll remove it in a week or two... Ashdigger I'll let someone else try your lighter fluid method :rofl:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Nope, I want to see if it swells over time and then dry it slowly as opposed to just setting it out to dry. I'm not for or against your methods just curious. I'll check it occasionally while soaking and the same with drying.

My guess is if I'm careful it will be fine :puffpipe:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Cosmic, I am thinking Davet is doing a worst possible case type scenario to see if there is any danger of extreme water exposure. If not, then most of us will probably have to admit that you are not wrong with your much milder technique. It doesn't mean I'll be a convert, though.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
So I bought some everclear and started running it through the stem, shank, and lightly scrub the bowl with an everclear soaked cleaner after every smoke. After a couple days of rest the clean(er) pipes smell noticeably better. I shoot a lot of guns and I enjoy the cleaning process on those, so this isn’t a huge drawback for me. I rather enjoy spending a few minutes cleaning my pipes. And pipe cleaners and everclear are so cheap, why the hell not. Thanks for the advice and entertainment, you hooligans!

Status
Not open for further replies.