Anyone With Bjarne Viking Pipes Experience?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Looking at one of these on the bay:
s-l1600.jpg

Looks like a nice pipe for $40 but is it really made in Denmark or is this a Chinese counterfeit? The 2 that I can find are ship from China.
With the Dupont counterfeits being marked Paris with no indication of being Chinese made other than the price and shipping origin I'm wondering if these aren't the same way.
I also see some so-called Savinelli leather pouches that are clear counterfeits.

I have two Bjarnes, one is of his own make, and the other is of his production line, a Viking. The stem logos are different. This one is of his production company, which is a cheaper factory pipe. His high end namesake pipes have a very stylistic BC on the stem. The Danes tend to stamp absolutely everything "handmade" with no regulation.

I love my Bjarnes. Neither of them will pass a pipecleaner, so I would be surprised if yours did. But, I have never had a gurgle from them. It's a good bet you will enjoy it. Good luck, and post pics when you get it.
I met Bjarne about ten years ago. It was one of the first times I had visited the Briary, my first pipemaker to meet. He was a very friendly guy... but he never cleaned his own pipes. Never even slipped one pipecleaner down them. He was rather proud of this. He smoked them like the old timers, smoke it till it is dead, and then toss it away and get a new one. May he RIP.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My Viking Classic 1/8 bent Dublin is my go-to pipe for Virginia Flakes. Smokes perfectly.
I think you will be happy with it.
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
One of my first "real pipes" was a Bjarne Viking bent dublin. They're cheap, but they look nice and are well made. I still have mine and it smokes great

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
I have a Bjarne Viking Skagen. It has held up well and smokes latakia blends like a champ.

Sep 18, 2015
I have a Viking classic straight apple, smokes great, very comfortable vulcanite bit, no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.