Anyone Use Their Savinelli Without The Adapter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I have one that accepts balsa filters. It also came with an adapter to smoke without the filters. I smoke it without the filters or the adapter. If you like a big open draw, then it works just fine. If you prefer a more restrictive draw, then you might want to try the adapter.

^^^^^
I love Savinellis, but I prefer the draw with a balsa or adapter inserted. I personally detest the separate cleaning of the adapter that’s necessary, so I just use a balsa and throw it out after the smoke. If you like the more open draw without either, then you’re all set.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mostly that works fine. Every pipe is slightly different. Some may have a little turbulence in the airway that would be solved by the adaptor, and the adaptor can give a more focused flow that some might enjoy. But I think most find smoking without filter or adaptor works well.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I have two Savinellis and a Rossi. I don’t like using filters but I’m tired of the adapter getting in the way of my pipe cleaners.
Anyone use their Savinelli without the adapter (and without balsa filters)?
I've taken the filters (plastic, stinger, balsam, etc) out of every single pipe I have, and have never once smoked a pipe with a filter, and all those filter pipes smoke just fine without them.