Anyone Use Their Savinelli Without The Adapter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RamSeva

Lurker
Jul 18, 2021
I have two Savinellis and a Rossi. I don’t like using filters but I’m tired of the adapter getting in the way of my pipe cleaners.
Anyone use their Savinelli without the adapter (and without balsa filters)?

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I have, but prefer the draw w/the adapter. I usually don’t have any issues running a pipe cleaner w/the adapter on most of my Savinellis if inserted properly. I found out that one end is tapered, as chasingembers informed a few months back (thx). I loosely place the adapter in the tenon and then insert into the mortise. This seems to work best at minimizing the slight gap where the pipe cleaner gets hung up on. Occasionally, I’ll slightly bend the tip of the pipe cleaner, which tracks better on my bent billiards. Hope this helps ?

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I have two Savinellis and a Rossi. I don’t like using filters but I’m tired of the adapter getting in the way of my pipe cleaners.
Anyone use their Savinelli without the adapter (and without balsa filters)?
Yes, just one a Miele 128 straight billiard.
Much prefer using it without the balsa filters, and love the open draw it has without any adaptor...
That's my preference though, never tried an adaptor and never will as I find the draw open and perfect, as if the pipe smokes itself and I'm only 4 bowls in.

Reactions: seanv and RamSeva
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
No filter, no adapter, no worries.
If you like a tighter draw, put the adapter in. All of mine are sitting in their pipe’s respective cardboard boxes. They smoke great without anything in there, so I never bothered with the adapters or filters.

Reactions: Brendan

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
No filter no adapter. Just pack tobacco a little tighter to restrict draw if desired. Otherwise they smoke fine.