PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
There were a lot of attempts during that time period to improve the basic "bowl, airway, stem" design and improve the smoking experience (stingers, various filters, etc.), but none of those attempts were very successful. Basic unfiltered pipes without any gimmicks are the way to go.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I would be concerned with micro particles of steel wool passing through the pipe into my mouth.
Yep, me too.
When I was kid back in the 60's, my dad had bundles (a lot) of steel wool in the basement. We would weave it in our bicycle spokes at night and light it with a match. It would glow as we would petal. So, I too would be afraid I'd be inhaling micro particles of steel wool into my mouth.

Not sure what kind of steel wool it was. All I can remember was it came in square cardboard sleeves and it was real fine...kind of soft.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
A steel scouring pad might work as an okay filter, but steel wool???
images (2).jpeg

I guess this would be a pretty spectacular way to finish a pipe...
Personally, I'd rather just deal with a little dottle.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I would be more concerned with inhaling the micro-particles of steel more than swallowing them, though neither is a good idea. I'd say, don't do it. It might be harmless, but do you want to be the guinea pig to find out? Lots of other things may be present in steel wood than just steel, too. It's not made for ingestion or inhalation.

Status
Not open for further replies.