PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hi y'all,

Just wanted to know if anyone has ordered this from Norther before. Ordered the "Rough Country Fired" twist. Got it in a couple of days ago. Sold as a chewing tobacco and was dry as a bone when I got it. Shaved some off, loaded a little in the pipe, and it made me feel like that time my grandpappy gave me a piece of his Days Work plug when I was 8. Been using a little in some of the aromatics I smoke to perk them up a bit. Any opinions on the stuff?

1640116473308.png

~Harris

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi y'all,

Just wanted to know if anyone has ordered this from Norther before. Ordered the "Rough Country Fired" twist. Got it in a couple of days ago. Sold as a chewing tobacco and was dry as a bone when I got it. Shaved some off, loaded a little in the pipe, and it made me feel like that time my grandpappy gave me a piece of his Days Work plug when I was 8. Been using a little in some of the aromatics I smoke to perk them up a bit. Any opinions on the stuff?

View attachment 116173

~Harris
opinions? Curiosity! Would love to try it.

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
Well, it burns well, right down to a nice white ash, tastes like tobacco, and it got my head spinning for a bit. Not much of a review, admittedly, but my palate isn't as refined as some on the forum. I'd say for a nic hit, it'll do the trick. This one twist is sure to last me quite a while. I even gave some a chew. I probably used tobacco in just about every form during my 22 years in the Army. As far as a chew goes...I'd say about the same. Pretty full bodied, tastes like tobacco, and will give you that nic hit you're looking for. Personally, I couldn't keep it in my mouth for more than 20 minutes. About the time I started seeing dragons I figured it was time to spit it out.

Hooah.

H

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
Now find some Cotton Boll and try it.
I tell ya...I've been trying. Actually contacted the the shop that sells the stuff but, apparently, they can't sell online. I've already heard that stuff packs a punch...and would love to get some to add to my cellar. If you know anyone that sells that evil stuff online, let me know. Here's the irony: I'm a Whole Health Coach. Yep, I teach my Fellow Vets how to meditate, use alternative methods to deal with their medical/mental issues, etc....and I still smoke and enjoy my bourbon. I still practice the Whole Health practices that work for ME, however, you won't see me in a yoga class or doing Tai Chi in my back yard. The hedon in me likes my tobacco and it's what works for me.

Hell, Grandpa Harris lived to be 98 and he smoked a pipe and chewed tobacco as long as I could remember. Grandma lived to be 101. I always joke that "second hand smoke" finally did Grandma in.... Personally, I think the baccy is a medicine when enjoyed properly. Keeps my spousal unit away from short periods of time so it has to be somewhat "magical". Lol.

H

M

Magnum207

That has the same appearance as the old (maybe still new) Cotton Boll tobacco and probably just as strong!

Reactions: Windknot

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
Not too bad. Pricey but, for me, it's going to go a long way. Ordered from another site called grandfathersspirit.com. They had a "sweet" tobacco twist I ordered to try out. They sell a "natural" and a "fire cured" as well. Might give those a try in the future.

H

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
I’ve only tried one twist chewing tobacco, Warren County.

It tasted good and strong but burned little holes in my mouth and gums. In five minutes not twenty. I’m definitely going to smoke some.

I like your idea to add a pinch to aromatics. Happy Holidays you filthy animals.