PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I was on the instagrams and saw some guys are blending herb leaves into blends. They are using raspberry, spearmint, peppermint leaves, etc. and creating smoking blends out of them. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience smoking or creating any of these blends. If so, is it worth trying? Is the quality of the smoke so great that one must try it?
Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For flavored tobacco, I'd stay with the professional blenders. Some plants and some part of plants are toxic.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I smoke kinnikinnik quite regularly. Sounds like the twitstigram fellows think they've invented something that's quite ancient.

nunnster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2019
Yea I've smoked several types of hurbs aside from tobacco. There are native American herbal blends out there that you can find that are quite good, but they are nothing like tobacco. I've also had marshmallow root, blue lotus, sage, peppermint, and a range of other things. It's an enjoyable experience, but after trying it a few times it's not something I would run out and buy to try again.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Good to know. It just caught my eye and thought it was interesting. However, I would not grow herbs and go through the trouble of processing them for a smoke.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
There ain't much out there I haven't smoked at some point. I tried a few herbal/non-tobacco/non-psychoactive herbal blends back in the day, and didn't find any of them worth recommending. If it doesn't taste great, and it won't catch you a buzz, I am not sure what the point is. Though many say the same about tobacco, so YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.