PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Never bothered, just some esoterica tins I have came that way that's it and i am not sure i see the point, the only tins I've had issues with seals on are the rectangular SG tins some of those have given way after a few years, so that stuff just gets mylared or jarred up so i don't have to worry about it.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
It's aluminum tape and I do as extra precaution. Once opened the tin if you don't want to transfer to jar I noticed they avoid decently well drying of the tobacco for at least a couple of years and I live in a pretty dry climate.

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I do not. I trust tins about as far as I can shit. Most of my tobacco goes right into a parfait jar as soon as I can do so.

That being said, I guess this tape couldn't hurt. I don't think it would help much with a seal, but it can't hurt. However, it would serve as an obvious indicator that that tin has not been opened yet. That could be useful in its own right.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I've seen some pictures of folks who do it. I could see the potential if you wanted some extra caution for tins that are going to sit for years/decades since the entire point of foil tape is that it maintains its integrity through cold/warm temperatures along with waterproofing properties.