PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I have fond memories from this tobacco circa late 2015 - Anyone remember this one with cigar leaf and latakia - Anything else out there comparable? Russ did good on that one - I'd like some more - please advise

I still have a couple of tins of this. I also picked up a box of the sticks at the same time. I'm not sure what to advice you on. I prefer my cigar leaf blended in as a VaPer. Maybe C&D Habana Daydream. I plowed through a few pounds of this so far this year. It is not as strong on the latakia, but it's really good. For a more latakia forward, maybe go GLP Robusto. Key Largo is the same blend, but just pressed into a flake, but pressing it seems to push the latakia more into the backseat. IMO.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I still have a couple of tins of this. I also picked up a box of the sticks at the same time. I'm not sure what to advice you on. I prefer my cigar leaf blended in as a VaPer. Maybe C&D Habana Daydream. I plowed through a few pounds of this so far this year. It is not as strong on the latakia, but it's really good. For a more latakia forward, maybe go GLP Robusto. Key Largo is the same blend, but just pressed into a flake, but pressing it seems to push the latakia more into the backseat. IMO.
good advice -

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I know that a lot of guys put off on cigar blends, because you can't ever really get a full cigar experience in a pipe. But, taken for what it is, I just love different cigar blends in the pipe. I even really love the more subtle VaPers like H&H Virginia Spice that uses the cigar leaf for more of a full mouth feel, than flavor.
me too - lately a cigar blend seems more pleasant an idea than an actual cigar to me. I lean more pipe these days. A good cigar is wonderful but an affordable one is nothing like a nicely prepared bowl to me.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I know that a lot of guys put off on cigar blends, because you can't ever really get a full cigar experience in a pipe. But, taken for what it is, I just love different cigar blends in the pipe. I even really love the more subtle VaPers like H&H Virginia Spice that uses the cigar leaf for more of a full mouth feel, than flavor.
Yes! Absolutely. I avoided cigar leaf blends for a long time because I thought “if I want a cigar, I’ll smoke a cigar.” One more thing to add to the list of stupid things I have said or done (and I’m convinced there really must be a list, ‘cause my wife can rattle that shit off at lightning speed). Habana Daydream, Billy Budd, and Key Largo have become some of my favorite blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.