Anyone Notice Growing a Tummy Yourself After Smoke Pipes on the Long Term?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
See any decrease in aerodynamics with this wing?

Hbee0e21255cb45eb929bc920bdbeaffdB.jpg_350x350.jpg

Ahhh, so yours is trimmed for downforce. Mine is trimmed for lift. I only weigh myself in the wind ;)

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I smoke mostly in the summer when I a typically more active. I usually gain a bit in the winter when I am less active and not smoking. So, yeah, weight gain is probably not a concern for pipe smoking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Supposedly a somewhat wired personality, with some unnecessary moving around and some restless movement when seated helps keep weight under control. Whereupon people probably develop health problems from stress, but remain thin. Such is life.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Just so long as you're only smoking pipe tobacco you should not be putting on weight.

Smoking the funny stuff gives you the munchies (so I've heard) therefore you eat more therefore more weight.

Stick to pipe tobacco and you'll be fine.

Regards,

Jay.?

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Today was typical; I smoked two pipes this morning whilst I went for a 9.5Km walk (err, I think that's around 6 miles in old English). As I don't smoke at home (wife is a very sensitive to smoke due to illness) then I have to go out to smoke and I may as well combine it with some exercise!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No relationship to that here.
You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

E

eldarlmari

Today was typical; I smoked two pipes this morning whilst I went for a 9.5Km walk (err, I think that's around 6 miles in old English). As I don't smoke at home (wife is a very sensitive to smoke due to illness) then I have to go out to smoke and I may as well combine it with some exercise!
i guess what u r implying is right, cos whenever im smoking, i am almost defnitely munching on or drinking something(particularly creamed coffee)

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Nope, nicotine is an appetite suppressant so it would tend to make sense that people might lose weight rather than gaining it.

Since I picked up the pipe again a little over a year ago, I've lost 30 lbs. But that's mostly from exercise and less alcohol consumption.

Reactions: cornedbeef
Status
Not open for further replies.