PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It’s good stuff, and definitely punches above its price-point. Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake is another one that doesn’t get enough praise in my opinion, especially after it’s had a year or two to age.
I bought 10 pounds of it during 2015's IPSD sale. Haven't smoked it in a few years, actually forgot about it. Know what I'm taking to work tonight.?

I don't hate SNF, but it's aromatic-y casing does make it the lesser one I think of when I want a Virginia Flake. The honey-ish flavor works best for me to smoke in the heat of summer. But, to be honest, the jars I put back years ago of this stuff hasn't even crossed my mind till this post., I may have to try it now that it has some time in solitary confinement. Or, I may just keep grabbing the ones i prefer... who knows...

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I don't hate SNF, but it's aromatic-y casing does make it the lesser one I think of when I want a Virginia Flake. The honey-ish flavor works best for me to smoke in the heat of summer. But, to be honest, the jars I put back years ago of this stuff hasn't even crossed my mind till this post., I may have to try it now that it has some time in solitary confinement. Or, I may just keep grabbing the ones i prefer... who knows...

Your description of why you don't like it much is making it sound delicious puffy Sounds like a bright Virginia with a bit of a honey topping... I'm ready for a bowl. I need to try some.

The only hope besides Obi-Wan Kenobi is that it's "significantly similar" to a pre-2007 blend.

Or perhaps the hope that the FDA application process is not so nearly as onerous and costly as we had all once anticipated. I would not bank on that, but there has been some indication that some post-2007 blends could remain on the market.

Your description of why you don't like it much is making it sound delicious
Glad to be of service. But, I think it is the honey topping in MacBitey's Virginia #1 that makes it bitey. I don't remember SNF being bitey, but in my mind I think I do associate SNF with VA #1. Either way, I haven't really tapped a jar since I ordered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.